The Purple Mint

Contact 619-280-3388

6171 Mission Gorge Rd Ste 118, San Diego, California, USA, 92120

Opened spring 2015, this Asian vegetarian bistro serves Vietnamese veggie food like pho, vermicelli noodles, and other dishes which are mostly vegan; has tofu and faux beef, shrimp, chicken. Vegan dishes are clearly labelled. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by FrayDoh

great food and atmosphere - Edit

When you walk in there is a man made pond under you and you can hear the water, great first impression I sat down on a comfy booth seat with a pillow and ordered a Thai milk tea and it was delicious ( I posted a picture). I ordered the pork and shrimp spring rolls on the appetizer section (also pictured) and the meats tasted like the real thing. Yeah purple mint is one of my new favorites

Delicious! - Edit

Although this place is not 100% vegan, it has sooo many options! Probably 98%!
Really good lettuce wraps!
Definitely recommend this place! It's also next to a donut place that offers vegan donuts! ;)

Great Vietnamese food - Edit

The food here is absolutely delicious! The sizzling steak dish is amazing. I've been vegan for 13 years and it may be the most convincing red meat vegan dish I've had. Note: most but not all dishes are vegan; look for the v. Service is good and place is spacious and cute with outdoor seating available. Very happy to have this fairly close to our neighborhood. Prices are very fair. There's tons of tables so it's easy to go with a group and find seating. Sometimes the parking lot is full at lunch time and I have to find street parking but I've never had that issue at dinner time.

Pros: delicious, Lots of seating, affordable

Beautiful food, beautiful atmosphere - Edit

The Purple Mint is a uniquely wonderful Vietnamese restaurant with delicious food which is both traditional and innovative. They use non-gmo and a lot of organic ingredients. The restaurant is clean and peacefully pleasant. I was delighted to visit there twice when I was in San Diego recently.

Their soups are very authentic and interesting. Their soup stocks are tasty and satisfying.

Pros: Delicious food, Very accommodating staff, Authentic and innovative dishes

wonderful food! - Edit

We came from Washington state looking for a great vegetarian dinner and we found it here. Every dish had wonderful tastes and unique flavors. The restaurant itself was a nice setting with great service. Be careful with the peanut sauce it's spicy. Although we did not have dessert, the choices looked really good!

Worth the trip! - Edit

Living in NYC, a vegan restaurant is not a novelty. But PurpleMint is awesome! Both times we ate there we over-ordered because everything was so tempting.
I'd recommend, in particular, the Orange Chicken, and the Avocado Egg-Less rolls are truly unique.
The restaurant is not vegan but almost everything is or can be made so.
From the menu: "We use reputable mock meats like Gardein, Beyond Meats and VegeUSA", so no doubt what you're getting.

Pros: Food

Cons: Service

Great Dishes - Edit

I love this restaurant and hope they are around for years. So if I've had the lemongrass chicken and had the filet mignon steak and the another chicken dish a couple of weeks ago. The food is good but my wife thinks that it is a little bit crazy in some of the dishes.

scrumptious! - Edit

It is great to see a quality vegetarian restaurant going head-to-head with Souplantation, which in my opinion, has lost its way due to corporate greed.

Simple decor, small, exquisitely selective menu, sauces that pop, great service.

We had Vegi Pho, "Chicken" Satay (my favorite), Lemon Grass Chicken - all vegan.

Pros: price, service, quantity, flavor

Cons: nothing

Delicious Vietnamese Food - Edit

I had the lemon grass dish as an entree, and I had these spicy shrimp items as an appetizer. They food was excellent, it has a lot of flavor, and the faux items were cooked very well, not just thrown into the dish as an after thought. The place was nice, casual, but has a nice decor. I really liked what I had here and will be coming back to try the other items on the menu.

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Purple Mint closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.