The Purple Elephant Restaurant

Contact 631-651-5002

81b Fort Salonga Rd W, Northport, New York, USA, 11768

Serves meat, vegan options available. Full service restaurant with vegan options and organic and biodynamic wines. Chef/owner is vegan. Wi-fi. Relaxed atmosphere. Formerly known as The Purple Elephant Specialty Foods and Market.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Italian, Catering, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by Claire527

good food but pricey - Edit

Visited for lunch in late April. The vegan wings are amazing. The vegan wrap and vegan tuna melt were okay, but not spectacular and not worth the price. Everything from drinks to apps to mains is overpriced for the quality. It's a fun atmosphere though, and if you need to find a place with vegan and non vegan food, this works.

delicious but EXPENSIVE - Edit

everything I've eaten here was delicious..especially desserts and jackfruit tacos but prices have steadily gone WAY up.. I don't think I'll be returning unless for a super special occasion.. it's just sad because long island doesn't have many truly delicious vegan options.. i know i would come at least 2-3x a month if prices were lower. they'd have so much more business if they just brought the price down .. I'm sure they're always packed now and it is a business that needs to make money but young people can't be throwing down +20$ on an entree (plus drinks,apps,dessert)

Pros: fun menu good staff good for omnivores in the grou

Cons: EXPENSIVE***

better than 5 stars! - Edit

We love this restaurant! So many delicious vegan options on menu and daily vegan specials, desserts too! We live in Ithaca but come to northport a few weekends a year to visit family. We get all of our meals from purple elephant when in town. The tofu scramble is delicious and full of yummy veggies and soysage, eggplant parm is sooo amazing, the wings, the burnt ends( yum!!!), the best kale salad. They have vegan cannoli a sometimes and delicious cakes. My husband and I and our 3 kids so look forward to eating here. I only wish they would open one in Ithaca!

Pros: delicious, great prices, great vegan catering menu

Return to Northport Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Purple Elephant Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1474 times since Jun 2012.