The Project Cafe

• Vegetarian
Contact 01413329520

2-1a Fleming House, 134 Renfrew St, Glasgow, Scotland, G3 6ST

Social venture providing ethical food and platform for the creative arts. Makes all food in its small kitchen. Each day typically offers 3 salads, a soup with fresh bread, filled pies, samosa, quiche, pickles and dips. Free Wi-Fi. Sofas, piano and guitars, a creative corner, kids toys, books, and a Locavore local produce store. Hosts open mic night Friday evenings.

Category: Lacto, Organic, Western, Take-out, European

First Review by RiverM

Great wee cafe - Edit

I spent the bast part of a morning here catching up with a friend. There was one vegan friendly cake and staff were helpful and making suggestions when I asked about vegan options. Their range of teas is awesome. I kinda wanted more time to mooch about the veg etc. without staff feeling the need to stand by in case I wanted anything (it was particularly quiet when we first went in). Got busy around lunchtime unsurprisingly. Great mix of clientele.

cute place - Edit

Small and simple menu with a few vegan options, but nothing too inspired. I had soup and salad, both were tasty enough. Large selection of tasty looking desserts, but none vegan that I could see.

Pros: friendly staff, healthy

City chill out - Edit

I'm not the biggest fan of comparisons but the project cafe has a similar vibe to the forest cafe in the capital. Arts, chill a small but perfectly formed menu.
The fact they mostly use organic ingredients is a bonus and you canntaste the difference in the salad. Three salad choices which you can have individually or combined, all three were vegan on the day I visited. There was also a soup/stew option which was vegan.
The only criticisms I have is a lack of a sandwich option and a need for a lot more vegan cakes.
Overall can't recommend enough, but like the forest in Edinburgh, its about the project not just the food.

Pros: Enthusiasm, Tasty, Staff

Cons: More cakes needed., Get a sandwich please.

Chilled out cafe - Edit

(Note, although HappyCow lists this cafe as only veg-friendly, I'm pretty sure their entire menu is vegetarian).

This has provided a nice compliment to Glasgow's veggie scene. It's become my go-to place for brunch and meeting friends for coffee.

They always have a selection of home-made vegan cakes and soups and the service is friendly.

Pros: inexpensive, good coffee, nice cakes

Cons: Most of menu contains dairy

Return to Glasgow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Project Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2662 times since May 2014.