The Present Moment Cafe and Market

Contact 904-827-4499

224 W King St (at 1/2 mile west of Rte 1), St Augustine, Florida, USA, 32084

Saint Augustine vegan raw food cafe featuring a rotating menu. Serves cooked vegan food in addition to raw food. Coffee drinks, raw breakfast all day, cashew hummus, pizza, sushi rolls, portobello croquettes, cacao rum banana parfait, nut and fruit "milks," juices, and desserts available. Eclectic decor with artwork on the walls. Also a specialty food market selling a variety of raw products and supplies. Live music some evenings. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by terik

Eat here - Edit

Whether or not you're vegan, or raw, or gluten free, or some combination of the three, if you're visiting St. Augustine you NEED to eat here. Best raw vegan food I've had in a long time. Had the nachos, sushi, and samosa with the cobbler for dessert. Everything was absolutely wonderful.

Ordered 4 Entrees, Sushi was favorite - Edit

We ordered nachos, sushi, truffle pasta, and chip platter. Each dish was great and would order any of them but the sushi stuck out to me in particular. Great atmosphere with a retail section to boot. Would return again

not as good - Edit

I have been coming here for years and don't get me wrong, I love this place, but it's honestly not as good now that it has switched owners/management... the food is still always good but not as consistent in taste. However, what is consistent in is the fact that portion sizes just keep getting smaller and smaller while prices stay the same ... I always used to leave this place feeling happy, satisfied, refreshed, and rejuvenated and now I leave every time feeling hungry and cheated... I wish they would go back to the old portion sizes ...WE ARE VEGANS . We need real sized portions of our veggies to keep us happy and healthy

Pros: lots of options, great food

Cons: ridiculously small portions, higher prices than most vegan restaurants

Could have been a much better experience. - Edit

We found you on HappyCow and we were so excited to drive out of our way to experience the restaurant. Saturday afternoon around 1:30 we arrived. We walked into a very crowded, busy room. The four of us stood around for a few minutes before a staff member came to greet us. Her greeting was rushed and not very informative about when we'd be seated so we decided to order our food carry out style. After approaching a staff member behind the counter we were given menus. We ordered several items and immediately paid the bill and proceeded to wait. We weren't offered a cup of water or any indication of the time it would take for our order. It was awkward. I felt as if they would have rather we just left without ordering.
After 30 minutes and no indication of our order being ready I approached the counter again and was ignored for several minutes. Awkward again. I made contact, asking when the ordered food would be coming. After several minutes the staff member returned and said it was still being prepared. I waited another 10 minutes and approached again. This time I was given a cup of water and told it would be just a couple more minutes.
Ahhh we received our order after 45 minutes of waiting.
It could have been so much better if we were just told it would be that long. We would have found other entertainment. As it was we hung out in the alley and near the front door thinking that any minute they'd have our order ready. We left with the statement "oh sorry we're just so busy"
So now for the food. The food was delicious but sparse. We're vegans. We eat a lot of food for nourishment. One vegie taco just doesn't cut it, especially for $8 or whatever it way. The sun burgers were great. The pumpkin pie delicious.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-22

Pros: Delicious food. , Easy to find, We liked the recipe book on the counter

Cons: Portions small, Poor crowd management, No information for waiting

A lovely find in St. Augustine - Edit

Stopped in after a quick search for vegan options in St Augustine and my husband and I left more than satisfied! As frequent visitors to vegan and vegetarian restaurants around the southeast, this place exceeded our expectations. Huge menu, high quality food, generous portions, great service, and a cute atmosphere. The DLT (dulse, lettuce, and tomato) sandwich, mushroom loaf, sushi, and salads were awesome. And coffee cashew ice cream - yes please!

Pros: large menu , wine and beer, desserts

Great Vegan Eats - Edit

Stopped here for a late lunch and was delighted with all of my selection. So rare to find fresh cashew icecream. What a treat!

Pros: Vegan, Raw and cooked options, Knowledgeable staff

You must eat here! - Edit

Me and my partner made the blessed decision of eating here on a beautiful summers day. For the past 4 years of using this app I have never written a review for any of the other restaurants I've been too. Not to say those restaurants weren't great, but there is something so deliciously compelling about this food! My conscious could not let me go about my day without sharing how grand the food is here! If you're trying to decide between this restaurant and another; chose this one, you will not regret it.
P.S the cheese cake is was a flavor experience indescribable by words.

Pros: everything

Cons: I cannot teleport here

Delicious Lunch - Edit

My mom, some of her coworkers, and I went here for lunch. The food was delicious and the portions were plenty filling. I got the sunlight burger which was delicious. We also shared the dip trio appetizer. Each dip was better than the rest, the hummus and guacamole being especially tasty. Then we got some desserts to share. The apple and pecan crumble was scrumptious. My mom couldn't believe that the ice cream was dairy-free it was so creamy. We also shared the dessert special of the day which was the sunbutter pie. That was also very yummy. The food was wonderful. I will say that the service was pretty slow. It isn't that the food took long, it was ordering the dessert and getting the bill that took longer than expected.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-01

Pros: delicious food, definitely get dessert, friendly staff

Cons: a bit slow

love this place - Edit

the appetizers were delicious. we ordered wine with out dinner and all of the food and drink was amazing. definitely going again and i would recommend it to everyone, even my nonveg family enjoyed it.

Pros: vegan

No bueno - Edit

The portions were super tiny and the food wasn't tasty enough for the price. My boyfriend and I left the table hungry. We ended up going straight to Cantina Louis to get a huge plate of fresh guacamole. Really expected more from such a cool place.

Pros: Friendly service

Cons: Tiny portions, Mediocre food

They use honey. - Edit

I just ate here the other day. I bit into my sandwich made of millet bread which tasted like honey at the very same time the waitress told another patron that they have honey. Nothing tastes like honey except honey, don't insult my intelligence by stumbling over your words trying to tell me it's agave, which is what waitress did. You shouldn't claim Vegan Restaurant if you have, serve and use honey. Just be honest!

yvette 29 Jun 2016 - Honestly honey we don't use honey. The only sweeteners we have used in our kitchen for the past 10 years are: date paste, agave, maple syrup, banana puree and coconut sugar.
We apologize for the waitress in training's miscommunication which she brought to our attention. Our DLT sandwhich composed of smokey maple dulse, lettuce, mayo and avocado has a sweet bite to it which comes from the maple syrup. Our untuna sandwhich with dill and mayo has a touch of agave and lemon. We hope you visit us again and we would be happy to sincerely answer any of your questions.

VEGAN - THE BEST AROUND - Edit

I love this little gem. What an excellent atmosphere. The food is amazing. I have never had a bad mea here. My hubby and I love it. We drive up from Ormond Beach, Florida to eat here. The menu has something for everyone.

Pros: VEGAN, RAW, LOCATION

Cons: NONE

Ambiance on point - Edit

I took my family here, who were reluctant but complied because I kindly accompanied them at Inhumane Restaurants. It was everything I would expect and more! The ambiance was intimate and lit dimly, the vibe and atmosphere was enchanting, and the staff was knowledgable and kind. We ordered a bunch for the table and it did not disappoint. My dad even bought their raw recipe book (; 10/10 experience and will return

A hidden gem - Edit

I am newly vegan, and when looking for restaurants i was saddened to find out what little choices I had to pick from. BUT i am thrilled that i decided to come to the Present Moment Cafe. Seriously a hidden gem. The staff was wonderfully joyful and very helpful with navigating their tasty menu, and the atmosphere was very relaxed.

Between my mother and I, we had a cup of their buddha bowl, macro burger, zucchini pesto pasta, an aloe shot and two desserts...we ate so much because the food was so good! The buddha bowl was my favorite! I love that they have a raw theme, and all their ingredients tasted very fresh! Also, I thought this restaurant was very reasonably priced :)

The only things I wasn't thrilled about was their aloe shot, and the richness of the chocolate sauce on the brownie dessert. I love chocolate, but it was very rich!

Pros: friendly staff, good variety on menu, tasty food

Cons: aloe shot was unpleasing

A Delightful Place! - Edit

I finally made it! I’ve been wanting to go to Present Moment Café for the longest time. I just couldn’t find the time or desire to go. My niece came down for a visit and ask if we could spend the day in St. Augustine. So, off we went. We walked around for a bit, sight seeing and then it was lunch-time. This time I remembered to use my happy Cow app and guess what popped up? That’s right, Present Moment Café! It was a 22 min walk but well worth the trip. We both loved the place, the food was light and full of flavor.

Pros: Raw, good value, awesome staff

Cons: small setting, limited/tight seating

Return to St Augustine Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Present Moment Cafe and Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.