The Pond

( 1 review )

49 Gloucester Rd, Brighton, England, BN1 4AQ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Taiwanese street food with steamed bao buns - vegan options include tofu and mushroom. Brought to you by Baby Bao. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm. Pub opens longer.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Asian, Taiwanese, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by KevAdsett

Unique and delicious - Edit

As a vegan eater, Brighton's restaurant scene is one of the best places with hundreds of options out there, so to come across food I've not had before rare, and the Taiwanese steamed buns here are amazing.

My partner and I shared the Crispy Tofu and Mushroom Bulgogi buns, with a side of spiced fries. The tofu was excellent but the mushroom was next level! My only criticism would be that the fries, while really tasty, were a little over-salted for my tastes, but that shouldn't put you off - it's all good stuff.

The bar staff could use a tad more training on which of their drinks are vegan (but that can be said for just about any pub you go to).

The place does serve meat dishes too, so if that's not your thing, fair enough, but if you can look past that, for something a bit different for lunch, I heartily recommend.

5 stars if not for the meat options.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly and enthusiastic staff, Good decor/vibe inside

Cons: More vegan drinks knowledge needed, Fries a bit too salty for my tastes

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Pond closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.