The Plate

( 1 review )
203-877-5283

587 New Haven Ave, Milford, Connecticut, USA, 06460

Serves meat, vegan options available. Breakfast and lunch restaurant. Offers vegan choices listed on the lunch menu only but are available all day, include: breakfast burrito and breakfast quesadilla (both using tofu scramble, vegan bacon and cheese); hash & tofu; organic oats; eggless egg salad (tofu); mediterranean tofu wrap; tuno wrap (mashed chickpea); and veggie burger wrap. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by BroccoliBitch

Decent for an omnivore restaurant - Edit

I got the hash & tofu with dry rye bread (as they don’t have any vegan butter) and a side of avocado. My company also ordered the vegan bacon which I tried and was not my cup of tea. The kitchen ended up putting butter on my bread but I caught their mistake before consumption. The avocado was perfectly ripe and they gave me an entire half!

The tofu however was disappointing. It was “maple tofu” which was something I had never tried. It was served on the side, barely cooked and some pieces were even cold. I could taste the maple if I ate the cubes individually, but it was faint and otherwise unflavored. I would ask for the tofu well done if I ordered this dish again.

The rest of the meal was good, and our server was attentive, knowledgeable and kind. Live music played in the bar section which also had a separate brunch menu. I found it odd and restrictive that you could only eat brunch in that specific section.

Pros: ripe avocados, great service

Cons: live music too loud, unseasoned tofu , no vegan butter

Return to Milford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Plate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.