The Plant Room Coffee

n/a

17-19 Brighton Square, Brighton, England

Coffee shop in Brighton Square since summer 2016. Serves coffee by allpress and food made by Planted. Open Mon-Thu 9:30am-6:30pm, Fri-Sat 9:30am-7:00pm, Sun 9:30am-5:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, British

First Review by Nickysr

Good for vegan and non vegan! - Edit

A busy place in a nice touristic area with a small menu for every tastes.The prices are reasonable, the cakes and sweets really tasty. The sandwiches are very good as well.

Pros: Every person can eat (vegan and non vegan), Reasonable prices, Tasty food and pastry

Cons: the fries were too oily for my taste

Best Vegan Breakfast Ever! - Edit

Really friendly staff, accommodating and helpful, and gave me the recipe for their own scrambled tofu (which was delicious!). Next time I need the recipe for their homemade baked beans and hash browns too. Loved and welcomed my very friendly dog who thinks everyone is there for her, which always goes down well. Most importantly, the best and most flavoursome vegan breakfast I've ever had. All homemade (except the bread), all really tasty. Will definitely be a returning customer!

Tucked Away In The Lanes - Edit

A lovely coffee shop (recently turned cafe) tucked away in Brighton Square in The lanes with vegan options! I am obsessed with their gold dusted oat milk hot chocolate, but they also do great loose leaf tea (I'm not a coffee drinker if you can tell.
They usually have a couple of savoury vegan pastries to chose from (a delicious mushroom pasty thing and a 'no-sauge' roll which is a bit like nut roast in pasty) and 2 or 3 vegan cakes plus tray bake things. The brownie is also really good - just the right amount of squidgy, crispy top and good distribution of nuts!
They've just started doing cooked food too and I've heard it's yummy so I'll go down to try it out soon.

Pros: Oat milk option, Off the beaten track, Yummy Brownies, cakes & pastries

More options please - Edit

I visited on a Saturday lunchtime, based largely on the effusive review below (written 3 months ago).

Although there were a good many vegan cakes on offer, and they looked genuinely delicious, there was just one savoury option.

Maybe I just caught it at a bad time, but I hope it increases the range of vegan options available.

Pros: nice location with pleasant outside seating, Good range of hot drinks, Good range of cakes

Cons: Poor range of savoury options

alexxwj 22 Dec 2016 - Hi LiamN,

We struggle to find great veggie and vegan savoury options that can be made fresh for us, however we now have our own in house kitchen so are looking to increase our food cabinet.

Since your visit we have launched a breakfast and lunch menu 5 days a week (Wednesday - Sunday) so next time you have a chance pop in and give us another try :)

All the best

Alexx
The Plant Room

disappointing - Edit

Gutted that this place is not vegan. They only had one vegan savoury option which was a mushroom pastry that was really dry. The soy milk is an extra 30p.

alexxwj 22 Dec 2016 - Hi Frogalina,

Sorry you were disappointed, just to clarify our pastry menu only has one savoury option, this lone option is also vegan. We have recently opened a kitchen in which 4 out of our 5 lunch items are either vegan or have a vegan option. Our soy milk is Bonsoy which is one of the most expensive soy milks out there, however it makes the best coffee in our opinion, because of this we do have to charge extra unfortunately!

Since your review we've changed massively and added loads more selection so hopefully you'll come back and give us another try!

Thanks

Alexx
The Plant Room

Brighton's newest Coffee Shop - Edit

We were so excited to try newly opened The Plant Room's all vegan menu and amazing Soy lattes ( made with the king of milks - Bonsoy). Popping in yesterday we tried the 'Fooled Pork' sammie and the Breakfast roll. Fantastic for lunch, the cafe is gorgeous, has an uber stylish interior (well, it couldn't be anything but as it's owned by the guys from hip homeware store Edited) and superb baristas. Brighton Square itself is a cute mid-century hidden gem in the Laines, the coffee shop has made bespoke seating throughout the square so you can sit by the dolphin fountain and sip an iced coffee or two while sampling their all plant-based menu. We also had an Apricot Danish, a lovely squishy Brownie and a slice of super rich Mocha Cake. Everything is suitable for vegans which is amazing and really shows the owners understand the Brighton crowd. It's my new favourite place and will no doubt become a vegan must go to cafe.

Pros: all vegan menu, superb coffees, historic venue

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Plant Room Coffee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.