The Pizza Garden

• Veg-friendly
Contact 503-368-7675

35815 Hwy 101 N, Nehalem, Oregon, USA, 97131

Serves meat, vegan options available. This pizzeria offers a vegan pizza, has vegan cheese, a gluten-free crust. Toppings include organic and locally grown veggies plus fruit, olives, cashew, and roasted pine nuts. Has a vegan soup, organic garden salad, vegan organic beer. Salad dressing is made in-house. The outside deck overlooks the Nehalem river.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Organic, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by bikegrrl

I Recommend It! - Edit

My partner and I had a very positive experience and delicious food at the Pizza Garden. We had a pizza with Daiya cheese and veggies, their minestrone soup (which is also vegan), and really tasty desserts (the homemade pear-merlot sorbet was a knockout!). There are many vegetarian options, and they also offer several gluten-free items. Our server was enthusiastic and attentive, and when I asked an ingredients-related question she couldn't answer, she went and got the owner (Jeanne), who does all of the cooking and baking. Jeanne spent about 10 minutes at our table and answered our questions very thoughtfully. She really seems to understand "vegan" and was very interested in our feedback.

Pros: Clean, cheerful & friendly environment, Varied menu and tasty food, Attentive staff

Cons: We'd have liked more vegan options

Not very good - Edit

They have a dedicated vegan pizza on the menu and I was really excited to try it. Turns out, it's just crust, pine nuts, garlic pieces, and a few pieces of spinach. So dry, so un pizza like. We were sooooooo disappointed, we ended up bringing it home and adding sauce/toppings to the rest of it. Other people reviewed it well so maybe one day I will go back, NOT order the vegan pizza but order one with vegan cheese. Then maybe I can update my review. I just feel REALLY ripped off right now.

Pros: waterfront

Cons: dry pizza, expensive, SLOW service

lovely spot on the Coast! - Edit

The Pizza Garden is right on the banks of the Nehalem River! A great spot.

They have good beer on tap, an immaculate cafe, a clever theme (w LIZARDS on the wall, seed jokes and so forth), and a great staff. They really accommodate substitutions and twisting the menu around.

The vegan pizza was perfect for the time. Yes, it is store bought "cheese". It has a time and a place. The time is when you are on the Coast w slim pickin's and this is the place. They do it well. They also have a Kronos, which is altogether cheeseless and vegan.

It is on the East side of 101. Take a look next time and enjoy!

Pros: Vegan pizza, the view, cold beer on tap

Cons: don't be hatin'

Awesome coastal restaraunt - Edit

I've eaten at the Pizza Garden twice and very much enjoy it! It's great to have very good vegan pizza in a tiny coastal town. My husband and I have had two different vegan soups, including the minestrone, which is always vegan. The garden salad is lovely, organic mixed greens. There are pasta and sandwich choices, but we always stick with the salad, soup, and build-your-own vegan, gluten-free pizza, with vegan 'cheese'. The service is friendly, but definitely at a moderate pace. That's OK though, because you won't care as you just sit back and enjoy. They have vegan and gluten-free beers, along with the usual non-alcoholic drinks. Super clean bathrooms, too.

Pros: beautiful deck for summer, gluten-free options, very friendly

Return to Nehalem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Pizza Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1074 times since Dec 2009.