The Pink Giraffe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 01865-202787

43b St Clement's St, Oxford, England, OX4 1AG

Serves meat, vegan options available. Large restaurant. Offers a separate vegetarian menu that includes mockmeat. Nightly all-you-can-eat menu.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by

Highly Recommended - Edit

I've been coming to this place for quite a number of years now with a friend and we love it. There is a great choice of mock-meats for vegans, dishes that have milk in are clearly marked. The food is of a very consistently high quality!
My recommends are : vege duck, vege chicken skewers in satay sauce, vege chicken in capital sauce and vege chicken in garlic hot sauce. We always find the vege chicken better than the other mock-meats, the bean curd is very good too :)

Highly recommended!

Pros: Great food.

So good - Edit

If you live in the catchment area (3 miles I think), takeaway from this place is very highly recommended. It's been years since I've had chinese food delivered to my door and this place did not diassapoint.

My favourite thing was the mock chicken satay skewers, oh lawd. They're delicous. They do vegan versions of lots of popular takeout dishes like crispy duck, sweet and sour, chinese curry and stir fries. Things in the 'Pink Giraffe style sauce' are also very good, but contain a good amount of chilli so be aware of that.

We paid £20 including delivery for 2 main dishes, the satay skewers, and rice to share. Pretty reasonable takeway prices from what I remember.

I'll definitely be ordering from here again.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 27, 2015

Pros: VERY tasty, Lots of favourite dishes, Not too expensive for takeaway

Cons: delivery 45 mins Sunday lunchtime, not entirely vegan

Tasty, tasty, very very tasty! - Edit

Don't know how we'd failed to visit the Pink Giraffe before what with living in Oxford and me a vegan - anyway we eventually went there yesterday.

The large veggie section of the menu is mostly vegan with the few octo-lacto veggie dishes clearly marked to avoid confusion. We shared mini spring rolls and mock pork skewers for starters both with exquisite rich sauces to dunk. I had a tofu dish and my partner something with mushrooms and cashews, again really rich and tasty and non of this 'it all looks the same' business. What with a large bowl of rice we had no room for afters and the bill was just short of £40 including our drinks which seemed very reasonable.

When we arrived just before 7pm the restaurant was nearly empty but by the time we left a bit after 8 it was pretty full even on a Thursday so booking probably advised.

We will be back!

Pros: Great food, Pleasant staff, Clean, relaxed environment

Cons: Can get busy

LOVE! - Edit

We have been in love with Pink Giraffe for nearly three years. We're vegan and there are great options on the menu. My best friend, my mom, my brother-in-law, my boss and two other friends all loved it despite not even being vegetarians (they ate the veggie options with me). Try the Tofu in Pink Giraffe Sauce. Also if you once loved Sweet and Sour Chicken as I did in my non-veggie days, try the mock version! It is great--as is the wine & garlic mock chicken.

Overall, you really can't go wrong with Pink Giraffe. The staff is friendly and there are always great deals on their website--so check before you go as you need to print off the vouchers.

Enjoy!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly Staff, Deals on takeaway

Cons: Certain items are pricey

delicious mock meat - Edit

went to the pink giraffe and ordered take out. they have a large vegetarian section. it opens at 6pm, and i was the first customer that night. the service was courteous. it took them no time to make my order. the food was still hot when i got back to my dorm room. the pink giraffe style veggie chicken was very delicious. if you like good mock meats, this is the place to be. i would go back if i ever visit oxford again.

Convert the meat eaters! - Edit

My visit to this restaurant was with a party of meat-eaters, who saw the vegetarian banquet and agreed to have that for my sake. They were all satisfied, and those who were unfamiliar with vegetarian cuisine left with a much more open attitude.

The vegetarian menu consists of classic Chinese Buddhist cuisine, with fake meats, well prepared and promptly served.

Pros: good value set meals, meat-eaters like the veggie food

Cons: out-of-town, crowded

The Pink Giraffe Veggie - Edit

I went to the Pink Giraffe with my girlfriend, and we had a great time, as the food was the best chinese food both of us have had, and the service was quick and friendly! I, myself being a vegetarian was not compromised to have just one choice of dish that was too large for me to finish as my girlfriend is a meat eater, as the Chinese restaurant had plenty for me to pick from. Although not a vegan, I noticed they clearly marked the choices available, so I will be telling my vegan mates of this feature! Impressed to know they have delivery services too, but you have to be within their 4 mile radius or a hefty fee applies.

Pros: delivery, service, staff

Cons: none, none, none

Return to Oxford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Pink Giraffe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3572 times since Aug 2007.