The Peacock at Barlow

+44-114-2890340

Hackney Ln, Barlow, Chesterfield, England, S18 7TD

Serves meat, vegan options available. A country pub in the Derbyshire countryside which serves food all day and has ample vegetarian options and a couple of vegan options. Has vegan staff members and are happy to help with any enquiry when preparing a dish. Has vegan butter and plant based milk available. 'Soup of the Day' is always dairy-free and and risottos (when on the specials) are made with vegetable ingredients and no cream or cheese. Reported May 2017 that a separate vegan menu will be available soon. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-7:30pm. Bar stays opens later.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, European, Non-veg

First Review by edajoir

Very tasy vegan food - Edit

This pub is right on my door step and today was my first visit after hearing they do vegan options. I had the Moroccan vegetable tagine which was really nice and tasty. I am not into spicy food but this was just right. Other options on the menu today were the Vegan Sunday dinner and vegan soup for starters. More vegetarian dishes on the menu too for those who can't give up the dairy. Pleasant staff and very quick service. Will be making another visit very soon.

Pros: tasty food, quick service, friendly staff

Honestly can't find a bad word to say! - Edit

An intriguing entrance hall filled with tasteful art works leads downstairs to an absolutely beautiful interior. The view from the conservatory on a summer evening alone would be worth the visit but this place excels in a number of ways. The food was high quality, the toilets immaculate, everything was clean, and the service was above and beyond. A special shout out to Rio, my server, who went out of her way to help me find the best vegan options (she's vegan herself) - and even printed out information from the web for me when I asked about a local walk (Curbar Edge, where I later took some amazing photos). A perfect dining experience, and I would not hesitate to return.

There are several vegan options on the menu, and fingers crossed that more may be added. They also do vegan specials sometimes (I tried one today in fact - it was a Balti pie with vegan pastry, very nice). They have soya and almond milk, I believe.

Pros: Top-class environment and decor, clean, Great food at a reasonable mid-range price, Attentive and helpful staff

Cons: ??? Trying hard, but honestly can't think of any!

They really care for Vegans! - Edit

This pub has a completely Vegan food option on the menu and Soya and Almond milk available. They also offer a Vegan breakfast in the morning with Vegan spread - I spoke to the managers and they are in the making of creating a complete Vegan menu for us as thy really care about the Vegan community as there's a lot of staff that work there that are Vegan and Vegetarian.
They're more than happy to make up a different dish too to cater for you.
Really nice place, good homemade food and lovely staff!

Pros: They really care for Vegans , Plant milk available , Sorbet available

Cons: No vegan dessert yet

Return to Chesterfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Peacock at Barlow closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.