The Peace Tree Juice Cafe

Contact 435-259-0101

20 S Main St, Moab, Utah, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. The Peace Tree Cafe offers fresh, local and organic foods, including smoothies and fresh vegetable and fruit juices. Staff knowledgeable about vegan options, of which there are several. Tofu is a substitute for meat dishes. Soy, almond, hemp and coconut milks are available. Gluten-free bread is offered. Vegans, try the red quinoa stuffed portobello mushroom with seasonal vegetables and ask for no goat cheese.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, International, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by alllifeissacred

they dont know what vegan is - Edit

Asked the woman at the front if they have a vegan burger and she told me to look at the burger section of their menu. I saw a veggie burger and asked if it was vegan and she just smiled and didn't say anything. Yikes.

expensive just ok - Edit

Not many vegan options. Was looking forward to a smoothie and I had to return the one I got because it was tasteless. Food wAs good but way overpriced for what it was (husband got some bland quinoa with a few roasted veggies for $15!!?). Not sure if our food was even vegan because the waiter was rude and wouldn't answer any questions for us.

So-so...ish - Edit

Looking at this place, I had such higher hopes than I should have. I thought that I would easily be able to find several vegan options. When I spoke to my server, he was very nice, but there was some sort of barrier between us trying to talk about the vegan options. I could not tell if he was understanding me, though he was able to point out that all but very few vegan options exist, only one of which can fully be made gluten free. When the food arrived, it was really good, but not necessarily worth the price. I don't think I would come back, though.

A bit disappointing - Edit

We visisted both the cafe in Moab as in Monticello.
Food was ok.
Service in Monticello was not so good. They did not have enough menu's (I guess they have very little, as there were not that many customers). They forgot the cutlery. They forgot the feta in de salad. They brought the wrong food tot the wrong table.
I guess they are lucky there is much else in Monticello.....

Pros: vegetarian options

Cons: bad service

Moab - Edit

We came across this place by accident walking down Moab High Street looking for a vegan friendly place to eat dinner. We were surprised to find a place that offeres a variety of vegan dishes or dishes to get veganized.
We ordered the Quinoa salad (ensure to order without the Parmesan crisp), a vegan burger and a quite spicy hummus wrap. All dishes tasted freshly made, only the burger was quite cold in temperature.
The food was solid and decent. We were surprised to find such a place in a little town like Moab. Nothing too fancy or exciting.

Pros: Town centre location, Outside seating area

Cons: Sloppy service, Food temperature, Uncomfortable chairs

Don't bother - Edit

Not much choice of vegan except a few salads and the veggie burger which we had...imagine some cooked quinoa pressed into a round mold to make it burger shaped, then put into a burger bun, served with a tiny bit of salad ! It was really dry so i asked if they possibly had some nice sauce or salsa. The waitress looked at me like I was mad and then begrudgingly brought over some ketchup and steak sauce. Awful...only ate it cos it was late and I was hungry

Pros: The juices look nice

Cons: Poor choice, Food was bland, Staff unfriendly and unhelpful

Bad experience - Edit

We visited moab and read the reviews of this restaurant and generally they seemed positive. Unfortunately we were paired with a server who found the very notion of vegan options a frustrating and tedious request. After asking about a few options he finally just asked in annoyance what kind of salad I wanted. Needless to say we didn't stay. Ekleticafe was far more enjoyable. Peace tree juice cafe might me nice if you get the right waiter.

Pros: Juices seemed good

Cons: Rude staff, Long wait to take order, No knowledge of menu ingredients.

What a relief to have multiple options! - Edit

After spending several days in Northern New Mexico where the only veggie option is a quesadilla, it was heavenly to have some choices! We actually went back two nights in a row--the first I had the quinoa with portobello, which was good except that the mushrooms were a bit tough. Maybe they were previously dried? The second night I had their house made veggie burger. Very tasty!

Be careful of mistakes - Edit

I ordered the smothered burrito with tofu instead of eggs, with no cheese. It didn't come with cheese, but there were eggs inside the burrito. A burrito is covered, and you can't immediately see it. It was only when I ate the burrito that I noticed.

The people are nice, and the juices are good. But now I'm wondering whether the pinto beans or wrap was even vegan. I would enter here are your own risk. Try Eklecticah or Love Muffins. Good places but they both close at 2:30. Both are vegan friendlier

Pros: Great juices and smoothies, Good food, Vegan-aware

Cons: Screw up vegan orders., Still charge you for the mistakes, untrained staff doesn't understand vegan

Thai dishes and smoothie! - Edit

We visited this restaurant while on vacation. They have an acceptable number of vegan items. We had the Thai salad w/ tofu and Thai burrito. Both were excellent and I would highly recommend them. I absolutely loved the salad. They offer excellent smoothies as well.

Pros: Smoothies, Healthy, Variety

Liked the theme - Edit

Some of the food I liked a lot like the smoothies and artichoke dip appetizer. I thought the red quinoa portabella appetizer to be so so and the veggie burger to be good but not great.

Our waitress was a bit absent but not terrible. She threw our bottled waters away by mistake as we had left the table but were still in the restaurant. She could have been more aware but no one is perfect.

Want I loved to most was the theme of local healthy food made with love. I also loved their shirts which the manager was willing to special order a specific one for me. I definitely recommend trying this place though there are several good vegetarian options in town.

Pros: Theme , Atmosphere , Good vegetarian food

Cons: At times so so service but often right on

Return to Moab Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Peace Tree Juice Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2672 times since Jun 2011.