The Pantry Vegetarian Tea Room

Contact n/a

175 Third Ave (at Glebe Community Centre), Ottawa, Ontario, Canada,

Vegetarian cafe at the Glebe Community Centre. Serving daily soups (one or two), sandwiches, daily specials, salads, and baked goods. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm.

Category: Western, Canadian

First Review by katiebird

A Gem in the Heart of the Glebe - Edit

The Pantry is one of Ottawa's most delightful vegetarian cafes . The food is delicious my personal faves are the French onion soup and the blueberry muffins which are addictive! the service is excellent and the ambience is cosy and friendly a bit like having tea at your favorite English Aunt's. I have been going there for years now and every visit is a treat.

Pros: Delicious food, Cosy ambience, Great service

Cons: Wish it were open in the evenings.

4 visits 3 hairy experiences - Edit

Used to go every other week, then in my last 4 visits got hair in my food 3 times. Last time I called Carolyne and she just ignored me. Was there with 3 other business women who are in hospitality industry. I was embarrased and left hungry as hair issue was not even acknowledged let alone rectified. (Sad but true.) PS Hair isn't vegetarian.

Cons: Not clean, Pitiful service

A little gem - Edit

I have eaten here many times through the years. I love it! A warm, and cosy tearoom with delicious sandwiches, salads and desserts. They're very careful with their ingredients. Charming!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good prices

Cons: only open from 11-3

Cosy and nice - Edit

The pantry has delicious food, and is tucked away in this little room with an assortment of antique furniture. It's such a nice relaxing little getaway. Also a great place to take my mom :)

Pros: Cosy, Relaxing

Cons: Small menu

A very nice little restaurant - Edit

Re the above. I have eaten in the Pantry on many occasions too and know it has a very good reputation. The food I've had has always been excellent and I have never had problems with hair in my food or anything else! David

Return to Ottawa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Pantry Vegetarian Tea Room closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4780 times since Aug 2007.