The Palms Restaurant

029-20861511

Caerphilly Garden Centre, Penrhos, Nantgarw, Nantgarw, Wales, CF15 7UN

Serves meat, vegan options available. Introduced a vegetarian/vegan menu designed by a vegan cook at the restaurant, March 2014. Sample dishes are spinach, mushroom & chickpea curry served with rice and/or chips and mango chutney; bean chili with rice and/or chips; Mediterranean vegetables on toasted baguette or jacket potato, drizzled with balsamic vinegar or sweet chili sauce and served with salad. Soups are mostly vegan as usually a dessert. Has soya milk and vegan hot chocolate. On Sundays the nut roast is vegan. Open Mon-Sat 9:30am-5:00pm, Sun 10:30am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Mediterranean, British, Welsh, Non-veg

First Review by uuiiioo

Not great - Edit

Was really disappointed after coming here based on a good review on happy cow. Party of 3 (one vegan, one vegetarian & one meat eater) had the Sunday roasts which was very disappointing. I'm the vegan & the vegan Sunday nut roast was awful - no texture or frankly falvour & the veg was just boiled with zero seasoning. Wouldn't recommend.

I love The Palms! - Edit

I visit here every now and again just because I love their vegan menu. Although small, it's quite nice. My regular meal to have is a jacket potato with roasted Mediterranean veg. So so tasty! Inexpensive too. I recommend stopping by if you get the chance :) I think only on one out of the 5 occasions I've been there they didn't have the roasted veg available.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good value, Tasty food

Cons: Roasted veg not guaranteed in stock, Vegan menu is not in main menu

Return to Nantgarw Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Palms Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.