The Organic Vegetarian Restaurant

Contact 08-38200278

54 Ly Van Phuc Stress, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam,

Tastefully appointed, comfortable, and clean restaurant. Most menu items are vegan but a few have dairy ingredients: Vietnamese cuisine, western style pasta, soups and porridge, hot pots. Has Wi-Fi. Dining on two floors, with room for large parties on both floors. Open Mon-Sun for all meals.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Western, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by kotobird

Friendly staff.. strange atmosphere - Edit

I loved the idea of an organic vegetarian restaurant and went there with high hopes for a great dinner.

The room is very brightly lit with electric light and the decorations have not been thought to be cosy or create a nice atmosphere.. It felt like a place where you eat really quickly and leave, and that is never my aim. I like to enjoy my food.

I ordered fresh spring rolls which were very nice. My main dish was too spicy, and the next one I had to order was too salty. So I wasnt impressed.. Will not be going there again, unfortunately..

Pros: friendly staff, english speaking manager

Cons: not cosy, strange chairs

Average taste vs. Excellent service - Edit

We visited this restaurant in August 2014 with 5 persons. Together, we ordered app. 10-12 different dishes to share. All of the food tasted alright, nothing special though. Maybe I expected too much from the reviews and the high prices, but truely I was slightly disappointed that the taste wasn't that great, despite the fact that it was frequented by Vietnamese celebrities. The attentive service, fairly clean toilet and the quiet ambience made up for the food somewhat. Another good point is that some vegetables and plants are grown in their own garden. Other than that, I don't know where the other alimentaries come from. In total, we paid app.1.5 mio VND. I don't think that we'll come back here.

Pros: Service, Ambience, Hygiene

Cons: High prices

Average, nothing special - Edit

The tofu claypot I ordered was fairly average, nothing to write home about, but the lemongrass + honey iced tea was very tasty. Menu had quite an extensive selection of mainly Vietnamese style dishes and it all seemed reasonably priced.
Updated from previous review on Friday June 27, 2014

Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 30, 2014

Pros: Central location, Good iced tea, Reasonably priced

Never again - Edit

Do NOT ever go to "The Organic" restaurant in 54 Ly Van Phuc.
Expensive, I ordered braised mushrooms with tofu and they only brought me this miserable clay pot of mushrooms (no tofu anywhere) which I can fill a small bowl. So so salty (here u can feel how much MSG do they use even if in their webpage they are proud of themselves for being an organic anf healthy restaurant) and something that really annoys me is that there is one guy of the staff who is standed just innfront of me. Controling or whatever. Ugh!!!! This things make me angry grrr.

Great vegetarian restaurant! - Edit

It's really hard to eat vegetarian in Vietnam, and when visiting in-laws, they drag me to meat restaurant after meat restaurant, so the first time I was alone for a meal, I tried this, and everything was absolutely delicious! The fried rice was amazing, and the tofu sate had just the right amount of spiciness. The fruit shake was good, too. I will be returning tomorrow.

Cons: Place could use a coat of paint.

Excellent restaurant, good variety - Edit

We enjoyed this restaurant so much we went back during our short stay in Saigon. The restaurant is aesthetically designed and clean. The service is excellent and the menu lists a wide variety of dishes. The food was very good indeed.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly and professional staff, Pleasant atmosphere

Cons: Needs more non-fake meat dishes

Beautiful Food - Edit

We loved this place. Great atmosphere (we sat out front in the garden) and friendly staff. English menu with a huge selection. We ordered the Thai style vermicelli which was excellent, also had several stir frys that were fresh and tasty. They also do beautiful fresh juice.

Tasty and cute - Edit

The building that houses this restaurant is of the older french-style architecture, so it has quite a romantic feel about it. The owner is very friendly, and the staff are helpful. I had braised eggplant with cashews, which was very tasty and just enough to feel satisfied. The menu had a variety of different kinds of dishes, both asian and western, though I can't comment on the quality of the western fare. The coconut and pineapple juice I had was lovely too. I'd recommend this place as a nice, atmospheric, yet casual dining experience.

Return to Ho Chi Minh City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Organic Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2012 times since Feb 2012.