The Nomad Cafe

321-327-2996

2002 S Harbor City Blvd, Melbourne, Florida, USA, 32901

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual dining international cuisine. Kitchen prepares every dish from scratch and will accommodate vegan requests. Menu has salads, hummus platter, vegetable wrap, portabello sandwich, beans and rice. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by clove3950

need more vegan dishes. - Edit

Not a lot of vegan options. Food is good and organic.

Pros: organic

Cons: lack of vegan options.

Delicious hummus - Edit

This place has some delicious hummus! We ordered the "herbed hummus platter" appetizer and it was great. It came with fresh veggie sticks and warm, soft pita bread. The hummus has a very herby, garlicky flavor. For my meal I had the "super veggie salad" and enjoyed it. I wished it had been a little more filling though. The balsamic vinaigrette was yummie. The server told me all of their dressings are vegan, except the blue cheese.

My non-vegan friend had the "portabella" sandwich (with cheese) and liked it. She, however, DID NOT like the pasta salad that was on the side (lots of mayo).

I have eaten here a few other times and ordered the vegetable "tikka" sandwich. It's more like a wrap and is very tasty and filling. Can be a little messy towards the end, but it tastes so good I didn't mind!

The staff is friendly and the restaurant is clean and comfortable, and has a great vibe. Can get quite busy at lunch time. You can bring your dog with you to dine outside.

This is a great place to eat with omnivores, as there is something for everyone. They try to accommodate vegans (not always successfully though).
Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 04, 2015.

Ate lunch here a few days ago and had an awful experience. Be careful when they try to veganize something. I ordered the daily vegetable tapas and they offered to veganize it, however there were at least 3 large chunks of greasy animal fatty flesh in my dish. I ended up chewing at least one that I know of, then went looking around in the dish for more. Definitely a bad vegan experience.

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Nomad Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.