The Nilk Factory - 더닐크팩토리

• Bakery Bakery
02-20390821

Apgujeong/Garosugil, Seoul, South Korea

Cafe in Apgujeong/Garosugil at 강남구 신사동 521-22 making almond milk in different flavors (vanilla, chocolate, etc) and sells almond butter. Serves coffee and gluten-free desserts. Drinks can be veganized, but only a couple of desserts are vegan. Has vegan smoothie bowls, vegan cakes and vegan bread. 가로수길(강남구 신사동 521-22)에 위치한 카페입니다. 바닐라, 초콜렛 등 다양한 맛의 아몬드 밀크를 제조하며 아몬드 버터도 판매합니다. 커피와 클루텐프리 디저트를 판매합니다. 음료는 주문할 때 비건으로 만들 수 있지만 디저트는 일부만이 비건입니다. 영업시간은 매일 11:00~22:00입니다. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

First Review by soohyun

Lack of professionalism - Edit

I came here at 9:20 on a Friday night only to be told it was closed...despite the sign on the door clearly saying it closed at 10. I won't be going back.

NOT VEGAN and a total joke - Edit

The author of the previous and only review must be the owner, a friend of the owner, or someone who was paid by the owner, because wow, she described a wonderful place that was not even remotely like the cafe I visited.

I met a gf vegan blogger I follow online here, and she must have thought I really wanted to try the cake (I'm a long-time vegetarian but not vegan), because she didn't say anything about her previous experience until we were already there. She herself is intolerant to dairy, and the last time she visited the nilk factory, she told me, she and her friend marveled at the creamy deliciousness of the cake and asked how they had made it. "Oh, it's just cream," the staff responded casually. Both froze. Obviously she was sick later.

They are "trying to do vegan" and clearly have a limited understanding of the concept. A lot of people are, you know, "trying to live with food allergies and/or while adhering to strong ethical principles".

So when we met, the one girl working was clearly surprised to see anyone show up, and informed us that literally none of their menu was available. They had no smoothies, smoothie bowls, bread, or almond milk; no cheesecake or pastries of any sort. They had regular milk and two rich, chocolatey, overpriced types of non-vegan cake. That was it.

I was already shocked by the all-encompassing failure of this place not only as a concept but as a business in general, but then! But then this ditzy girl argued with me about what I ordered. I ordered an einspanner, which is a rich, creamy, a decidedly non-vegan Viennese coffee. She was like, no, this here is ice crema catalana. I was like, what.

I even pointed to the picture, and so did she, insistently, mixing up the name of the thing that was coffee and the thing that was not.

My date had an iced americano.

Never go to this place.

Updated from previous review on 2017-06-20

Pros: Interior Decor, Deception and Lies

Cons: Everything, The Food, The Almost Complete Lack of Food

Amazing almond milk! - Edit

These guys are masters at almond milk. Seriously. They sell almond milk in cute bottles, almond butter, almond lattes, cakes, pastries (only a few are vegan, but all are GF!). All of their drinks are made with almond milk instead of cow's milk, so most drinks are vegan- just be sure to ask about different syrups.
First time I visited, I tried their latte. It has a distinct nutty richness and is even better if you add an extra shot for only 500 won! Then, I tried the chocolate almond milk. Obviously, you can make your own for way cheaper, but it's a nice little treat once in a while (plus, you can pay a little extra to keep the cute bottle!).
Location is a bit off the main road, but definitely worth the short trek.

Pros: House made, cold pressed almond milk, Gluten free desserts, Plenty of seating

Cons: A little pricy, Not many vegan dessert options

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Nilk Factory - 더닐크팩토리 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.