The New Vegan

Contact 561-404-5301

528 NE 2nd St (at downtown), Delray Beach, Florida, USA, 33483

Offers vegan cooked as well raw food dishes. Try the falafel burger, carrot cake, curry rice. Hosts cooking classes. Replaced the previous The Garden of Vegan in 2014. Open Wed-Sun 10:00am-3:30pm, Wed-Sun 5:30pm-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by aniveg

Good but overpriced - Edit

There's nothing wrong with the taste of the food at this cute vegan eatery. It's creative and delicious. The problem is that the portions are too small for the price. We each had the plantain appetizer and the hearts of palm mock tuna sandwich on millet bread. The portion of the appetizer was so small that one could eat the entire dish in three bites. The millet bread was smaller than the averge slice of bread. That's all we ordered...no drinks. The bill came out to $50! With a $10 tip, we had a small, unsatisfying dinner and left unfilled. The owners are nice folks, but they're dropping the ball.

The best! in America's best small town - Edit

This is the best vegan restaurant we've ever visited, with the most creative menu imaginable. The mac and cheese is incredibly delicious, and the imitation tuna made from palm hearts is ingenious. Do not miss the carrot cake for dessert.

Pros: super friendly staff

Cons: none!!

Couldn't be any better - Edit

We came here for breakfast and had to come back the same day for lunch we liked it so much. We were visiting from Chicago and read the great reviews. The New Vegan lived up to all the hype for sure! I had the vegan waffles and my wife had the vegan French toast. For lunch I had the sampler menu and my wife got the burger. I could eat here every day! Carrot cake was awesome and so was the chocolate cake! Great vegan milkshake. Enjoyed the zucchini bacon! Snapped a picture with the owners who could not be any nicer or more accommodating. Don't be fooled by the appearance of the restaurant from the outside...the inside is quite nice. We are coming back for sure if we ever visit the area again!

The New Vegan delightfully delicious - Edit

Found this jewel of a listing on Happy Cow while visiting Palm Beaches. Quaint, serene, clean, compact space in revitalized downtown Delray Beach. Convenient, easy to get to, with on street parking. The food is awesomely delicious, with very friendly, knowledgeable service.
My first time there, and with so many tasty looking and sounding dishes on the menu, I ordered portobello mushroom sandwich, as suggested by the staff person, Michelle. It comes with sides of a tasty salad, and well seasoned brown rice. She said it was one of their most popular items, and the taste tells why. Also ordered the Mac & Cheez, creamy, comforting, and oh so good. Moderate prices. Filling portions. Well worth the 30+ minutes drive from our resort, and on my radar for return trip when next in the area.

Pros: 100 vegan, Freshly, tastily prepared, Friendly, knowledgeable staff

Cons: On street parking, Very compact space

4SeasonVegan Approved! - Edit

I love this place! I've only been a couple times since it's far from my house but I'm always craving it! The rice is amazing! With kale, and curry and black rice mixed in, it's unique and delicious. I wish I could eat it every day.

Pros: Soy Free, GMO free

Cons: Far from my house

AMAZING!!!! - Edit

I absolutely LOVE The New Vegan! Their food is amazing and affordable. I've yet to have anything that wasn't absolutely delicious including the desserts (the cheesecake is my FAVORITE). I've even attended one of their cooking classes. I can't wait until their food truck is out and about so I can enjoy them more often.

Pros: 100% plant based, Amazing staff, Excellent food

Cons: Location

Contributions +16

AMAZING!!!! - Edit

I absolutely LOVE The New Vegan! Their food is amazing and affordable. I've yet to have anything that wasn't absolutely delicious. I've even attended one of their cooking classes. I can't wait until their food truck is out and about so I can enjoy them more often!

Pros: 100% plant based, Amazing staff, Excellent food

Cons: Location

Love Love Love! - Edit

What a find! Family owned and operated, outstanding and innovative food, pride of ownership is absolutely evident at every turn. These folks deeply care about what they are doing. We had the ZLT and the toona melt - pure heaven. I can only imagine that everything on the menu is fantastic - we can't wait to go back to try something else. This one is a DO NOT MISS!

Pros: food quality, menu variety, staff engagement

Cons: ? nothing

Best Vegan Food in Palm Beach County! - Edit

The New Vegan is the hidden jewel of Delray Beach FL! This beautiful, family-owned-and-operated restaurant prides itself on wholesome, fresh and amazingly delicious vegan food always served with smiles and joy. Trish, Rahein and the rest of the New Vegan family truly care about their customers and their community, and it's no exaggeration to say you can taste the love in every mouth-watering bite.

Pros: Inexpensive, Friendly, Wholesome, nutritious vegan fare

Probably the best vegan restaurant I've visited! - Edit

This is a little gem in the heart of Delray, down a side street. The owners are sweet and gracious. The menu is full of interesting vegan options, both raw and cooked. It all sounded so good, we really didn't know what to order! We saw the cauliflower bites that someone else had, so we order those. They are dehydrated (raw), and it was the first time my husband had ever eaten a raw dish, and he doesn't even like cauliflower, but we both enjoyed them. He had the ZLT and really raved over it. I asked the owner if she could make something for me without oil, and she said all her raw items are oil-free. But I really wanted a burger. She said there was no oil in her burgers themselves, but that she uses a tiny bit of oil on her George Foreman grill to keep them from sticking (I wanted to tell her that there are many great non-stick griddles, like Cuisinart, that won't stick at all. Maybe she'll look into that). Still, I was very pleased with my curried chick pea burger. She also steamed the rice for me. Everything was delicious! So many vegan places use too much oil and Earth balance in their food. They're just replicating the greasy SAD food that mainstream restaurants serve. This tastes fresh, healthy, and the flavoring is unique. There's a wide selection of salads, burgers, wraps, and appetizers. We didn't try dessert, but I'm betting those are amazing too. Definitely a place to go if you're in Delray Beach.

Pros: Fantastic Food, Reasonably priced, Attentive, personalized service

My Absolute Favorite - Edit

I cannot say enough great stuff about our experience here. My husband and I were in town for a few days and were delighted to find an abundance of great vegan choices in the area. We both really loved our meals. It was my favorite meal for the whole trip. I got the ZLT (Zuchini "bacon", Lettuce & tomato). It was outstanding!

Pros: Food was the best, Staff leaned over backwards to help

Cons: None that I can think of

So awesome - Edit

The New Vegan was the first all-vegan restaurant I had ever been to because where we don't have anything like that where I live but it exceeded my expectations. It was the cutest little environment and it made you feel at home. They offer you just plain water or flavored water and they even brew and ferment their own kombucha which was amazing!! Not to mention the giant menu of awesome vegan foods and they even have raw options for the raw vegans. The chef comes out and takes your order and answers any questions you have about the menu and he is very knowledgable. The food comes super quick and then if you are still hungry, you can choose one of their amazing desserts. I had the waffle dessert and it was a huge Belgian waffle with fruit, nuts, and agave with a side of icecream. Totally reccomend this place and it's worth going out of the way for! Also it's gluten free, soy free, and free of a lot of other things!!

Pros: Awesome environment, Friendly, knowledgable owners/staff, Amazing food

Cons: Cash only

Excellent vegan restaurant!!!! In love!!! - Edit

Friendly, clean and delicious food!! Lots of choice in the menu, they also have waffles and bagels for breakfast!!! Deserts are incredible and smoothies sooooo good!!! I had burgers with rice and salad which are out of this world- I want to try everything they have because I keep looking at the other tables and every dish I look at looks incredible! I want to try zucchini pasta with tomato sauce and many more things! I recommend this place 100% inexpensive and absolutely excellent quality food!!!!! Excellent!!!!
Updated from previous review on Friday January 08, 2016

Pros: Delicious, friendly, not expensive , food is excellent quality, Food tastes delicious

Cons: Nothing, Nothing, Nothing

love the new makeover! - Edit

Haven't been here in a while I got the palm cake sandwich and it was o so yummy! And as usual and one was very nice the service was quick and pleasant.

Pros: easy to get , outdoor seating

by far the best vegan restaurant ever - Edit

I had the kale burger with zucchini bacon which was made from sprouted garbanzo beans that then dehydrated and made into a flour and my non vegan family had the waffles. Omg! Gluten free healthy made from scratch fresh and delicious! Not to mention the nicest family who own and run their restaurant.

Friendly cute place - Edit

Small place with VERY friendly staff. They offer to help you pick out something you'll like. They are all very knowledgeable about how each dish is made. They offered us mint or cucumber water to drink. Dishes were very good and something different than the usual. Cash only Quinoa mac and cheez is awesome

Pros: good food, nice staff

Cons: cash only

Friendly folks, funky atmosphere - Edit

Food is so good, made to order by friendly folks. Everyone chats from table to table. Good location in downtown Delray Beach.

We love going there, and hang out a bit whenever we can.

Pros: great food, fun atmosphere, good prices

Cons: small

The New Vegan - Edit

The New Vegan is a very simple place (nothing fancy) you will have to wait for your food (everything if fresh and cooked to order and it will melt in your mouth! I love love LOVE this place! The owners are nice, the food is great and it is a gem of a place!

the sweetest people ever!! - Edit

The owners and staff of this restaurant are precious!!! The food was yummy and portions are huge!!! Highly recommend this spot and supporting an all vegan restaurant and people who believe in a healthy diet.

Best Food - Edit

I had a mushroom/chickpea burger with wild rice topped with BBQ sauce and a lovely side salad! Everything is gluten-free and vegan and delicious! If that wasn't enough the owners are an entire family of the nicest, sweetest people ever. I felt like I was walking into someone's loving home and served the best food ever that was prepared completely with love. I am moving to the area and I will definitely be a regular at this place! I feel so blessed to have found this fabulous little cafe run by great people.

yummy - Edit

Worth the trip to Delray...we over ordered but it was worth it! We were stuffed but not icky. Good eats!

Pros: intimate setting, knowledgable staff

Cons: out of my way! ;-). but worth the trip

TASTE THE GOODNESS AT THE NEW VEGAN!!!!! - Edit

The New Vegan is DYNO-MITE. What a little GEM tucked away just off the main strip in Delray Beach. The food is super fresh, highly original and epicly delicious. The sandwiches (e.g., mock tuna salad), the soups (e.g. black bean based), the dehydrated veggies (e.g., cauliflower) are all stunning. You know when you eat something and you get that warm feeling flooding through yer body? Like, you can taste the love in the cooking? Well that is EXACTLY what happens here at The New Vegan. You can taste the love in the cooking. And the attention to detail. I could not be more thrilled with my food. And the owner and head chef, Rahein, is absolutely the sweetest, kindest, nicest man. WOW. WOW. AND WOW. I LOVE THIS PLACE and will no doubt be dropping in at least 3x a week. DON'T WALK, RUN!!!! Btw, it is/was aka The Garden of Vegan.

Wonderful, delicious food - Edit

I visited The New Vegan while on a trip from Colorado. A tiny, little place, just a few tables, but this way you can speak with the staff and chef all you want, and they are more than happy to talk with you about their wonderful food, the out reach programs they conduct and vegan eating. Really nice people, and the food, just wonderful. Such interesting and delicious combinations of ingredients to make the most delicious meals, plus the chef is obliging should you need or want any modifications on your order. Please support them and give them a try, you won't be sorry!

Pros: Good value, Very friendly, kind staff, Excellent food

Cons: Location a little small

Return to Delray Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The New Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.