First Review by vegan_simon

Lovely veg cafe in Murwillumbah - Edit

We haunt this place whenever we are in Murwillumbah, often visiting twice a day! The coffee is excellent and there are always vegan food options available. I love the pita salad pockets for lunch. The corn fritters with avocado salsa are also great, though a little too oily to have every day. Love the samosas too. At lunch time there is also rice, dahl and curries. They have a range of nice fresh salads, plus big brekky options. There are usually some healthy vegan sweets such as date and fruit balls. The outdoor seating area is nice and it is a very friendly laid back place to relax with friends. Lots of locals go there and they are used to tourists, so you don't feel out of place. Love it!

My only gripe is that they are closed on Sundays. But hey I guess everyone deserves a day off!! Check on public holidays too, as they may not always be open.

Updated from previous review on Thursday January 09, 2014

Pros: Delicious food, Great coffee, Relaxed, friendly vibe

Great vegetarian cafe - Edit

I have been eating at new leafs for years... The staff and food are excellent... A real oasis in murwillambah... We love it... Thanks for all the delicious vegetarian food and good vibes you guys have been pumping out for years... Best wishes veglicer77

Hit and miss, best for breakfast - Edit

I've eaten here a few times and it has been a hit and miss. It is always busy, usually for mothers meetings, and maybe it is somewhere for locals because I've found the service to be slow and unfriendly. I uploaded a pic of the breakfast which is highly recommended, lunches are ok. I do try to support the local veggie cafe when I am working in the area [edit by staff].

Pros: breakfast

Cons: greasy, service

Best Lunch in Mur'bah - Edit

I've been to the New Leaf countless times.

The vege burgers are good and the greek platter thingy is my wife's fave.

Every once in a while they have a chef's special on the signboard when they make enchiladas. They are exceptionally good if you can get lucky enough to go there on a day they are available. I've petitioned for them to make it a permanent item on the menu but years later it still isn't.

The best thing about New Leaf is that it's a great place to meet up with someone. The outdoor area is relaxing and casual and the people of Mur'bah are easy to strike up a conversation with.

Pros: yum, food served hot, timely

Cons: inconsistent menu options, need filtered water

Return to Murwillumbah Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The New Leaf Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1959 times since Aug 2007.