The Natural Cafe

• ( 8 reviews )

2407 S Broadway, Santa Maria, California, USA, 93454

Serves meat, vegan options available. Several locations in California. Extensive menu includes many vegetarian dishes: sandwiches, salads, pasta, smoothies, a veggie soup of the day (sometimes vegan). You can ask to veganize a dish using veganaise, etc. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by larryabailey

michelle_lynne14

Points +715

24 Oct 2021

Super yum!

Great spot for healthy vegan options. I really enjoyed my tofu dish. The portions are so big, as well!

AmberKMH

Points +169

05 Apr 2021

So many delicious vegan options!

Frienldly service. I love the vegan tamales...my favorite! Also, the vegan burgers are delicious. So many tasty salads to choose from too.

Pros: Lots of vegan options!

hschlege

Points +21

22 May 2020

Yummy

The veggie sandwich was yummy!

TaylorC

Points +131

02 Feb 2020

Hungry Planet Burger = ☺️

I highly recommend the vegan Hungry Planet Burger. It has become one of my favorite burgers. It's absolutely delicious with a tasty patty, melty vegan cheese, carmelized onions, lettuce, tomato, and vegan mayo. Adding avocado makes it even better. Beyond is usually my favorite but this one may have surpassed it! I love the burger too much right now so I likely won't try too much else at Natural Cafe yet, but there are plenty of other vegan options on the menu that sound great.

RClarke

Points +293

08 Dec 2019

Love this place!

I’ve been to the Natural Cafe in three of its locations in CA and I love eating here! The staff is always very pleasant and makes sure I my dietary needs are met. I’ve ordered a different thing every time I’ve been here and as a vegan at a non veg establishment that’s pretty impressive. My non-vegan friends love eating here with me too!

JonJon

Points +18013

27 Sep 2019

A convenient place to eat vegan and healthy food

This healthy food restaurant offers several vegan options (that are not very clearly indicated) on the menu. I took the vegan burger with vegan cheese and nachos. It was good but fries could have been interesting with the burger. I also took a smoothie that was good. The service was quick and the place is pleasant, with many sauces on self service.

Pros: many vegan options, healthy food, pleasant place

Cons: not 100% vegan, vegan options could be more clearly indicated

victoriandude1

Points +10

Non Veg
28 Sep 2018

Convenient

This is a nice little place if you want a quick and convenient hit of some relatively healthy fare. The menu is limited and it borders the line of fast/healthy food. That’s its trade off. The lentil soup had wholesome ingredients, but tended toward the saltier side of seasoning. The stir fried veggies and brown rice was serviceable but a tad pricey. Healthy enough, but hardly earth shattering. Overall, I’d recommend it as a quick alternative to the rubbish fast food so predominant as you drive around the States. As a visitor from overseas, this hit the right spot with a medium note.

Pros: Quick, Convenient , Pay over the counter

Cons: Bread was sugary, Unimaginative

larryabailey

Points +129

30 Nov 2008

Don't Overlook The Natural Cafe

The Natural Café, a small restaurant chain on the Central Coast of California is fantastic. Although, not entirely vegan, it does offer a extensive menu of vegan and wheat/gluten free items, great tasting, professionally presented dishes, and a well appointed decor. What was really encouraging was the staff; they actually knew what vegan and wheat/gluten free was all about. This was our first visit to this chain, and my partner and I were very impressed. I had the vegetarian tamale and my partner had the vegetarian stir-fry with tofu; both dishes had totally unexpected and wonderful flavors. I think that this small chain has outlets all thru the Central Coast and is a great comfort to us knowing that they are there. What a change from traveling just a few years ago!.

Pros: Great Taste, Fresh Food, Good Value

Return to Santa Maria Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Natural Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.