CLOSED: The Naked Sprout

Contact 905-319-2293

4040 Palladium Way Unit 11, Burlington, Ontario, Canada, L7M 0V6

All vegan and gluten-free menu featuring an eclectic blend of cuisine with both cooked and raw entrees, desserts, and a full juice and smoothie menu. APR 2014 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED per its webpage.

Category: Vegan, Macrobiotic, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, Canadian

First Review by newvegguy

Fantastic! - Edit

great atmosphere, very friendly staff and amazing fresh and tasty food. Also have some interesting events throughout the month to engage customers (open-mic nights). A definite two-thumbs up and we'll be back. Even our non-veggie family loved it!

Pros: Friendly/Engaging Staff, Freshly prepared and healthy food, Upscale and relaxing atmosphere

Cons: just one bathroom for everyone!

Regular Naked Spout Patrons - Edit

My wife and I have been to the Naked Spout many times and enjoy the food but we find it is overpriced for the portion sizes also we believe it's time for a change up of the menu, unlike Kindfood who's menu we don't seem to get tired of. The Naked Spout is a nice place and we hope they can grow and change. We like the food but always leave feeling a bit ripped off due to the small portion.

Pros: Yummy, Great Service, Nice Atmosphere

Cons: Price, Portion Size, Menu Due For Change

Heather86 I'm glad you enjoy our food! Because we use mostly organic ingredients, and prepare nearly everything from scratch in house, we need to price accordingly. We feel strongly that great quality, clean, wholesome dishes are worth it! As for menu changes, we do that from time to time, but are focused on other projects at the moment - stay tuned for those! We do run specials on a regular basis, and your server would be more than happy to let you know what we have featured. Today we had a Mediterranean Fettuccine main course special, and a Banana Coconut Cream Cheesecake special :)

Vegan choices in Burlington are looking up... - Edit

I have enjoyed this restaurant each time I've gone. The service is pleasant and the vibe is chill. Wonderful ambience with decent hours. I am disappointed they have removed the kelp noodle dish from their menu which is an essential choice for any vegan or vegetarian. Everything I've tried so far has been fine except I don't like seeing they buy pre-made rice wraps and the burger they suggested for my friend was very bland. There is room for improvement but they are definitely on the right track. The location is really poor unless someone lives waaaay into suburbia. I felt their menu lost a bit of its strength when they changed it. I hope they will tweak it again. It's a great option for the area to enjoy some delicious raw vegan foods and I hope they will dig deep into the award winning raw vegan restaurants in the US and be inspired! Raw vegan lasagna is an art that I haven't seen mastered around here yet...

Pros: atmosphere, hours , food and drinks

Cons: location, room for menu tweaking

Not Going Back - Edit

The food did not agree with me at all, it tasted very bland but must of had something in which made me feel sick. Also overpriced and expected much better.

Pros: nice area, friendly staff

Cons: bland, small portions, poor value

Heather86 Hi Kate, I'm sorry to hear that, sometimes adding more vegetables to our diet can be new to us and takes some adjusting as it contains more fiber than our bodies are used to. This follow link is an article that explains why in more detail if you are interested:

Loved the food - Edit

I love the food at The Naked Sprout. The food is always tasty. I have been to other vegan places and their food was a little dull but The Naked Sprout knows how to do it right. The dessert we had was amazing. They had vegan, raw ice cream sandwich as a special. This place is a must go.

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff

So much potential.... - Edit

I've been here a few times now and have enjoyed it. Both visits the servers were friendly but not very helpful when it came to navigating the menu. On my first visit I had the Cashew Pappardelle and the root vegetable "noodles" we're cut way too thick and the cashew meatballs (all 2 of them) tasted very strongly of sundried tomato which would have been fine if I was expecting it but the menu made no mention of it. The menu is worded horribly and is not very descriptive. It essentially just lists ingredients and doesn't describe the dishes at all. An example being the breaded coconut wrap lists "coconut wrap, coconut poppers, greens, vegetables and mayo." When I questioned the server about the menu she looked confused and wasn't able to elaborate much. The food is decent and I'd like to try more things but the menu needs to be reworked. It's not doing them any favours. Also they don't have a baby change station in their washroom and once agin I had to change my daughter on the floor :(

Pros: Vegan and raw options, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Horribly worded menu, No baby change station

2 Responses

Shanine HI DangerGirl. Thank you so much for the review and thank you for visiting us! We do take pride in that our servers are friendly! We are in the process of getting a baby changing table as we have had some requests for that! In the meantime, you can use the yoga studio where there is a vanity table where some moms change their babies. As for the food, I know it is a matter of personal preference and I will definitely pass along your suggestions to our executive chef, Pete. The wording of the menu - it is a challenge to write down the main ingredients without being overwhelming with the variety of choices in dishes we offer, but we are definitely open to feedback and will relook at this again when we update our menus.

I hope you have a great day and hope to see you again soon!

Am I the only disappointed one? - Edit

The quality of food is not what I thought I'd get and two times i have eaten here I get stomach aches. The SERVICE was ridiculously SLOW. OMG Slow.
I really have eaten better at many other vegan restaurants and felt the lack of service, food that made me feel unwell to be a detriment to this place.

4 Responses

Shanine Thanks for your feedback and we’re sorry your experience was less than optimal.  We are still a relatively young business trying to spread the joy of healthy food and as the message is spreading, we are getting busier (which is a good thing J ). As we get busier, we are trying to keep up with demand and staff appropriately and we continue to fine tune our operations to avoid this kind of problem.  That being said, we are not a fast food restaurant and all of our food is prepared lovingly by hand, when ordered, so our meals will always take slightly longer to serve.  To us, this isn’t a bad thing as long as you are expecting it as it gives you an opportunity to linger over a fine wine and conversation.

As far as the stomach aches, it’s difficult for me to comment on that without knowing your normal diet and if there are allergies. We are inspected regularly by Halton Health Department and we ensure the healthy and safety of all our patrons with our food.

Thank you for your feedback!

Not spectacular - Edit

I guess I'll be the odd one out and say that I wasn't thrilled with this restaurant. The night I was there, the service was very slow. The food was good, but not as good as I expected for the price. I like raw food, but I've had much more interesting raw food elsewhere. I'd eat there again, but I wouldn't rush back.

Pros: Healthy food

Cons: Pricey, Limited seating

One of my favorite vegan places! - Edit

I have tried just about every dish they have, and it is difficult to say which is my favorite. I like the rice bowls a lot, but I also like the 'raw pizza of the day' and raw burritos. There is a very dedicated group of chefs and a beautiful yoga studio attached (Chrysalis)!

Definitely must go again! - Edit

First let me say it is a relief to look at a menu and know we can choose any item and not worry there will be meat or dairy. I had the Beaner, my son had the Nachos, my daughter had the Twisted Tacos. The presentation was beautiful. And the flavours matched! Everything tasted wonderful. It was fresh and satisfying. Will definitely go again.

Pros: lovely decor, healthy cuisine, good size portions

Wonderful - worth the trek out to visit this gem - Edit

My only regret is that we waited so long to try out this restaurant. It was wonderful, with both cooked and raw options, and everything that we ate was delicious. I highly recommend the tempeh reuben, which they were able to wrap in a super thin raw zucchini raw for me. The veggie burger was also very flavourful. Drinks were delicious, although a bit of the small side for $7-8 (I had the beet and berry combo- not sure if was juiced or blended though since I had frozen raspberry chunks in mine). The desserts did not disappoint, although the chocolate fudge pie literally is chocolate fudge with a pie crust. It was so firm, it was easier to eat it with my fingers! The avocado key lime pie was also very good although it could have used a bit more lime flavour. I can`t wait to go back for Sunday brunch because their raw options look absolutely delicious. Beautiful ambiance and great hours, I hope these guys keep it going!

Cozy Date Idea - Edit

This place is amazing! I had the berry craze smoothie and tacos and I was extremely impressed! The food was not only delicious, but also quite filling. I would absolutely recommend The Naked Sprout as a unique date idea and I look forward to going back and trying other things from their menu.

For more unique date ideas visit http://www.neveradulldate.com !

Inspiring! - Edit

We've been going to The Naked Sprout for a while and one thing I have to say about this restaurant, the service is outstanding. They seem to hire really great people and very knowledgeable too. The ambience is very organic, we feel peace at every bite. The dishes are creative and you can tell they were made with a lot of love and inspiration. I love the kale salad and if you have a sweet tooth, please order the dessert. Their cheesecakes are fabulous and will make you feel really happy to be alive. A must, if you are in the Burlington area.

Pros: fresh, delicious, great service

Great Kale Salad! - Edit

Pete's 'Wilted Kale Salad' is amazing! And the restaurant is just lovely...very bright and beautifully kept. They have an extensive tea menu. It's just a lovely place to be.

very yummy - Edit

My husband and I ate at the Naked Sprout on the weekend and it was a pure delight.
We started with the sushi which we shared, the rice was made from parsnip, it was very tasty , the hemp wasabi was delicious.
I had a raw main dish ,which was the Noodle Tang...the "noodles" were made from zucchini and kelp, it was filled with tons of veggies and had a almond tamirand sauce. It was so huge I struggled to finish it, but it was worth it ,as it tasted great.
My husband had the BEANER which was a roasted red pepper chickpea hummus, guacamole,brown rice ,kale,onions,casher sour cream. served on a gluten free brown rice wrap. He ate the whole thing and it was yummy.
I will definatly go back to the Naked Sprout.

Pros: very good food, nice atmosphere, friendly staff

The Best!!!! - Edit

A very nice feel as soon as you walk in. Nicely decorated and lots of natural light. The friendly and welcoming staff made us feel right at home. We ordered the nachos as a starter. It was delicious and a meal in itself. The guacamole had perfect consistency, the salsa was fresh and delish, as was the "sour cream". The nut "meat" was the final component that made for a great appetizer. My wife ordered a tempeh reuben sandwich which she raved about. It must have been good because she wouldn't share....
I had the Warrior bowl which had a great combination of brown rice, broccoli, and tempeh all covered in a Thai peanut sauce. It was awesome!
We washed it all down with some delicious fair trade coffee in a french press (the only way to really enjoy coffee).
Our only regret was that we didn't have room for dessert because we were so full.
This was top quality food made with love and care at a very reasonable price. Total cost for everything was $44.00 and worth every penny.
Naked Sprout has given us a reason to drive 40 minutes to Burlington!!!!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday May 18, 2011
Since my original review, we have eaten here many, many times. The food is ALWAYS excellent and consistency goes a long way with us. We have never been disappointed. The desserts are spectacular! The only criticism I would have, (if you could consider this a criticism) is that the portion sizes are so large, that it makes it difficult to have an appetizer, and entree, and a dessert. LOL. We are SO very happy to have such a great high quality vegan restaurant in our area and will continue to patronize it in the years to come. We love this place!

Pros: fabulous healthy food, made from scratch, great atmosphere

Cons: none

Return to Burlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Naked Sprout closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4849 times since May 2011.