First Review by bill

Great selection! - Edit

In town for business and have been here multiple times in the last week. Lots of fresh and prepared vegan items and baked goods as well. Overall, I'm very happy the Mustard Seed is in town so I can get some tasty and healthy options.

Pros: Selection, Price, Location

Excellent - Edit

My wife and I are frequent visitors of this establishment (at least once a week) and we both must say that we are VERY happy with this store all the way around. From their selection to their sandwiches, it is one of, if not or favorite grocery store/café in the Watertown area. Excellent store and highly recommend it to anyone looking for vegan, vegetarian, organic or just good food. The only downside is the size of the store. We both only wish that their building was bigger to house even more great products.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Selection, Knowledgeable

Cons: Size Of Store

This place makes this town work for me - Edit

From the first time I stepped in to the Mustard Seed, I felt at home there. The staff is friendly and helpful, the store is clean, well laid out, and stocked as well as one could hope for in a small town. I feel very lucky that the Mustard Seed exists. I miss having much larger health food stores, but for a few years, the Mustard Seed will serve me well enough. I've enjoyed everything I've tried from their small cafe too.

Vegan and Vegetarian Heaven - Edit

My husband is stationed in Fort Drum, NY which is probably a vegan and vegetarian's worst nightmare considering the alarming amount of fast-food restautrants. When my husband told me about a little placed called The Mustard Seed I definitely had to check it out and I was thoroughly impressed. I'm from Los Angeles, CA so finding a health food store is as easy as finding a Starbucks; so when I found out about The Mustard Seed I felt at home. They have everything that a large health food store carries-but in a small and cute store. I haven't bought anything from the deli but I will definitely do so when I move to the Fort Drum/Watertown area.

Thank you Mustard Seed for exsisting! You will definitely make my stay in Upstate NY more pleasant.

Awesome Place - Edit

I just moved to the area from Denver, Colorado and was THRILLED to find The Mustard Seed. They are a lot smaller than many of the health food stores in Denver but they carry just as many awesome products as any of the other stores I have shopped at. The store is very clean and the Deli is wonderful. Their prices are a little higher but that is expected because they are a small, family owned business (I met the owner, Scott) in a town where people don't seem to live and breath the healthy lifestyle like they do in Denver. I am always willing to pay a little more to shop local and at a non-corporate/chain store anyways. Besides, you have to pay for quality. I really don't get the "attitude from staff" complaints. Everyone I came into contact with there was really cool and super nice.

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, HEALTHY :)

Cons: I don't like to focus on the negative :)

Great Store! - Edit

This is one of the few places in the Watertown area to get vegeterian food and organic products. While some people may complain about employees attitudes what they fail to mention is that the Watertown area has only a small number of people who actually shop at these stores, so most of their customers are already well informed and know what they want. I have gone in there and told them I dont really know what I'm looking for and they have been more than helpful. Their deli is to die for!!! they have the best wraps. I would recommend this store to anyone.

Pros: Variety, Small store, deli

disappointed - Edit

Im an army wife, and just moved into the area. My hubby and i eat healthy, so the mustard seed seemed like a 'natural' fit. I dont know, maybe it was just me but even though the store was lovely, i didnt feel like i belonged there like i thought i would. I think i might stick to the main supermarkets where i can get a lot of the same products with none of the attitude from the staff.

Pros: decent selection for the size, cute deli(i havent eaten there though), bulk spices

Cons: staff isnt very nice, high prices

wonderful cafe, staff and large product selection - Edit

I have been shopping at the Mustard Seed for many years. I find their staff to be very knowledgeable and friendly. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cafe. I am a vegan but my boyfriend is not so it is great going to lunch there because I can choose from a huge variety of vegan dishes and he can get a sandwich or wrap with real meat in it and know that it is non-hormone/antibiotic filled meat from a free range animal and all of the veggies are organic. As far as the rest of the store goes, I think they have a wonderful product selection, if I have any questions about anything the staff is always there to help and if there isn't something in that I am looking for they never hesitate to special order it for me. I also live in the same town as the owners so if I need my supplements and I don't feel like driving to watertown they will drop them off for me on their way home!

Pros: wonderful cafe, helpful staff, very clean and well-stocked

Oasis in Watertown - Edit

We found the Mustard Seed on Happy Cow and stopped in whilst travelling. It was a relief to visit this vegan-friendly establishment. It seemed an oasis to us, given that vegan places seem - especially to travellers - few and far between. There was an excellent selection of vegan groceries and household goods. The staff were friendly and informative. The restaurant had vegan options on the menu but staff made us vegan food to try that was off-menu.

Return to Watertown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Mustard Seed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2432 times since Aug 2007.