The Moody Boar

( 1 review )
+44-2837529678

Palace Demense, Palace Stables, Armagh, Northern Ireland, BT60 4EL

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu changes and always includes 2 or so vegetarian dishes; can provide for vegans. Open Tue 12:00pm-7:00pm, Wed-Thu 12:00pm-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-9:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-7:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, European, Irish, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by CiaraSlevin

Excelled All Expectations - Edit

Booked a table for a birthday meal on Saturday 13/01/2018, both because of good reviews and also the dedicated vegetarian & vegan menu on Moody Boar website, which appeared extensive, creative and interesting. A very important element as two of our party are vegan. We had a lovely evening and were blown away by the fantastic food, beautiful restaurant and warm ambience. Service was slow-moving which suited us perfectly as we wanted a leisurely, relaxed, family evening. Everyone in our party enjoyed their food, with the pièce de résistance being the exceptional vegan dishes. My starter was a flavourful platter of stuffed peppers, olives, mushrooms, bread and chutney. For main course I had roast winter veg, semolina & salsa verde with vegan chips and Garlic Rough Cuts. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. When booking I had mentioned that two of us are vegan and the Chef surprised us by created a couple of luxurious, off-menu desserts, a vegan Merengue and chocolate, praline, cherry mousse. This really was something special - we were so impressed! Thank you Moody Boar for such a fantastic evening, phenomenal vegan food and completely excelling all our expectations. We will be back, again and again..

Pros: Separate dedicated vegetarian & vegan menu , Can create bespoke vegan desserts

Cons: Slow-moving service which is only a con if you’re

Return to Armagh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Moody Boar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.