The Monkey House

+44-1590676754

167 Southampton Rd, Lymington, England, SO41 9HA

Serves meat, vegan options available. One of the last standing free houses in the this seaside town, here is a family run restaurant (and bed & breakfast) bringing all the elements of the classic British pub. Reported having vegan main and dessert options - call ahead to reserve.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, British, Non-veg

First Review by bakeydoesntbake

Delicious - Edit

Had a lovely vegan sweet potato curry when visiting with family for Sunday lunch. It was lovely to see something on the menu that was marked as vegan, so I could order without having to make changes to the food! Pub is really cosy too!

Refreshingly flexible - Edit

This is the best regular pub for making those with specific dietary requirements feel welcome and no problem. There's a listed vegan main course and dessert so you don't have that awkward discussion about what you can have but if you do ask they're happy to adapt many of the other dishes on the menu. The chef is dairy and gluten free so really gets it. Plus it's a really friendly and relaxed place to be.

Delicious vegan option(s) - Edit

When looking for a vegan restaurant in Lymington, The Monkey House popped up and I am SO glad I got to go there.

When arriving, I was worried about having to ask for the vegan option, but the main and dessert were both listed on the main menu.

When being served, a guy who I presume was the manager in particular recommended the vegan options which I thought was great.

Both the main and dessert were so delicious and so reasonably priced. I'm hoping they will be adding more vegan options in the future... We shall see, will definitely be returning!

Pros: Vegan options, Friendly staff

Cons: n/a

Return to Lymington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Monkey House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.