The Midnight Baker

( 1 review )

218 Dominion Rd, Mount Eden, Auckland, New Zealand, 1024

A small bakery making fresh bread daily. Also functions as a toast cafe on weekends - kitchen closes 2:30pm. Sells a small range of housemade spreads, sauces, and sauerkraut plus retail shelf packed full of local & NZ made products (chocolate, ceramics, teas, sauces). Sep 2017 reported fully vegan. Open Tue-Fri 8:00am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:30am-3:00pm. Kitchen closes 2:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Western, Bakery

1 Review

First Review by Beans&Greens

Can't wait to go back! - Edit

The Midnight Baker is a cute little vegan cafe situated on Dominion Road in Mt Eden. I loved the vibe inside the cafe and I thought it was decorated quite nicely. Me and my family absolutely loved the food. Not only did it look absolutely amazing but it also tasted great too :D. Everything at their cafe is refined sugar free which is a bonus. I ordered the poached pear, and my non-vegan family members ordered the red pepper harissa and pan fried tempeh. We also ordered an extra plate of toast and avocado. They also make their own bread which they call the 'freedom loaf' and a gluten free version made from buckwheat. They sell a wide selection of beverages from kombucha and juices, to tea and coffee. I ordered the turmeric latte with soy milk and I was in love. Ha even their cinnamon and mint infused water tasted great! I also bought a "cheese" scone topped with like a tomato relish and pesto to takeaway, which was really good too. I absolutely loved my experience at the midnight baker and can't wait to go back again!!

Pros: delicious food, great vibe

Cons: small portions

Return to Auckland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Midnight Baker closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.