The Mexican Kitchen

n/a

Bintang Beach, Lombok, Gili Air, Indonesia

Serves meat, vegan options available. On the northern beach area of Gili Air island. Menu labels the vegan and raw food choices, and staff is knowledgeable about veganism. Focus on sustainability and the local surroundings.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Juice bar, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by rodgo

Tasty - Edit

The food here was great. There were only a few vegan options marked on the menu but the waiter explained which vegetarian dishes could be veganised. We started with nachos which were very tasty. I then opted for tlayudas. My friend had the raw lasagne. To drink we both had a ginger and turmeric drink. We were both impressed with the food especially the nachos. The beach setting is lovely and the staff were friendly. I would definitely recommend this place for vegans.

Vegan food available - Edit

In the small islands is difficult to find 100% vegan places and the good thing here is they completely know what is vegan, not like in other places here around they have vegan options on the menu but they don't know what is the meaning of vegan. Here the waitress was so gentle and made the vegetarian plates vegan. So this restaurant is a good option to try if you are here around in the island. They only problem is they don't have avocados this time also don't have coconut for the smoothies and they told me can be replaced by water or ice obviously not the same but we weren't lucky this time.

Pros: Vegan options , Vegetarian can be vegan , Amazing view in front of the beach

Cons: Half of the menu wasn't available this time , We said smoothie without sugar and they put tons o, Serve meat

Return to Gili Air Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Mexican Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.