The Mex St Ives

Contact 01736-797-658

3 Gabriel St, St Ives, England, TR26 2LU

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves a range of Mexican themed food and drink. Vegan options are clearly marked on menu. Child-friendly.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Wicky000

Mexican delight - Edit

I've been meaning to review this place for a while as our experience here was superb. We booked a table in advance and mentioned to the staff that we were vegan and whether we could bring along our own vegan cheese to use. This was not a problem and the staff were more than happy for us to do this. With this great news, we ordered the vegan nachos and burritos with our own melted vegan cheese on, which were both superb. Some Mexican food can be bland and flavourless with hardly any spice but this was excellent and I would definitely recommend. This was then washed down with some ice cold modellos. The staff and the atmosphere are brilliant, but if I did have one negative it would be the lack of vegan desserts. I'm hoping on our return this may change and hopefully they will start using vegan cheese also.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-02

Pros: Excellent food and atmosphere, Friendly staff, Value for money

Cons: Serves meat, Lack of vegan desserts

Return to St Ives Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Mex St Ives closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1229 times since Oct 2012.