The Merri Clan

15 Gilbert Rd, Preston, Victoria, 3072

Mainly vegan menu including nachos, vegan cheese platter, Dutch poffertjes, and cakes. Has bonsoy for coffee. Only non-vegan items are the option of dairy cheese on one dish and a dairy cheese platter available at night. Open Tue-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, European

First Review by veganskinhead

Reasonable, but not stellar. - Edit

I went to the Merri Clan with a friend for brunch. The food was reasonable, but nothing spectacular. I had the vegan nachos, and my friend the 'pulled pork' burger. The flavour was decent, but nothing spectacular; my friend's burger was a little dry. Neither dish was more than lukewarm, which was a shame on the day (see below). The menu isn't massive, but as most dishes are vegan, it's a better selection than the majority of suburban cafés.

Our coffees were fine (albeit a little cold), but it's hard to recommend them over other places nearby (yes, Melbourne's coffee fixation does set a high standard). The soy chai latte was reasonable, but also only lukewarm.

We were there on a cold, wet, windy Saturday. After we sat down, we spent a while trying to work out from where the cold draft was coming - the large window by the barista was wide open! We couldn't take our coats off as it was so cold. On a fine day, it'd be great, but less so whilst it was hailing outside.

I'm not sure if I'd go again. It wasn't by any means bad, but neither of us walked away thinking that we'd had a great meal and experience.

Pros: Reasonable food.

Cons: Food and drinks weren't very hot., Windows open on a cold, wet, windy day.

Return to Preston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Merri Clan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.