American
Take-out
Bakery
Fusion

Serves vegan lunch food and bakery goods. Its 2nd location opened 2015 at Huron Tower Apartments across from the VA Hospital and U-M North Campus. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-3:00pm.

Venue map for The Lunch Room Bakery & Cafe
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by deathgrowl

Sososonia

Points +262

25 Sep 2023

Supreme Ruth is my favorite brekkie to order!

The Supreme Ruth is delicious and I recommend it to everyone I know. My omni sister has it with me every time we go there and it’s not even a discussion. I tried the tacos as well and they were also tasty, but I don’t think anything can beat the supreme ruth.

I usually don’t like English muffins b/c they can be pretty dry, but these are moist and are the perfect carb to pair with a flavorful, meaty patty with cheese that melts very well and can even crisp. The sauce is FANTASTIC and is one of my favorite parts of the “sandwich”.

I also love getting the blueberry danish to split and it’s a very nice sweetness with the creamy center. The fruit flavor comes thru clearly and isn’t overpowering at all. The danish itself is also pretty flaky and melt in your mouth. One of my favorite desserts to get for sure. I highly recommend this place!

The cookies and cream cake slice as well as the cupcake are also to die for 😍

Updated from previous review on 2023-07-23

Jannath

26 Sep 2023

PlantRich

Points +188

31 Aug 2023

Excellent, fast, tasty

A friend recommended this for a convenient quick lunch. I ordered Tempeh Rueben salad and loved it.

Pros: Square space order ahead, Menu diversity, Fast and tasty

Cons: Parking is highly limited

JuliaTR

Points +140

15 Aug 2023

Best breakfast sandwich

Picked up to-go food while passing through town. The Hangover Cure is now tied for the best breakfast sandwich of my life (tied with one from a vegan restaurant in San Antonio), holy cow so good. Quarantine breakfast burrito also yummy. I regret not trying any of the pastries, what was I thinking?!?

cjacober

Points +22

07 Aug 2023

O. M. G!

I got the loaded nachos and my wife got the reuben. Delicious! Fair prices, too.

Bestchangeever

Points +28

07 Jun 2023

AMAZING tempeh Reuben & lemongrass soup!

Food and service were 10/10. Reuben was sooooooo delicious

Pros: Sooo delicious

Cons: Too far from East Lansing!

sxuereb

Points +43

24 Apr 2023

Thank goodness!

Vegan only options! Delicious food. Fair prices.

Pros: Delicious

Diegococo

Points +28

11 Sep 2022

Delicious vegan food

Best quality vegan food at AA

Pros: A variety if vegan items on the menu, They don't skimp on the quality of ingredients, Tasty food

irplonk96

Points +2387

02 Aug 2022

YUM YUM

This place is soooo good. We got a mixed berry cream cheese danish, iced coffee with vanilla soy milk, the biscuit sandwich, and one of the bagel sandwiches. Everything was delicious. I wish I could come back here for lunch.

Pros: All vegan, Awesome baked goods

Cons: There isn't one near me 😭, No indoor seating

shawnafisher

Points +732

26 Jul 2022

Best Vegan Breakfast

One of the best vegan breakfasts I’ve had! My fiancé had the Hangover Cure Bagel Sandwich and it was so good! I got the Quarantine Breakfast Burrito which was also another great menu item! After, we picked up chocolate chip cookies, and a blueberry streusel muffin that topped off the perfect breakfast! The outdoor seating is beautiful and I can’t wait to come back!

RyanDeBoer

Points +124

16 Jun 2022

Best breakfast tacos, possibly ever

This is a great little place with a nice area for outdoor seating. The menu is clearly labeled for those with dietary restrictions, and everything is vegan. I ordered the breakfast tacos (gluten free, nut free), and they didn't disappoint. Wish I would have gotten a picture, but I just dove right in...amazing. I highly recommend the Lunch Room Bakery & Cafe!

Pros: Large and clearly labeled menu, Friendly staff, Delicious food

NicStroyan

Points +18

04 May 2022

Obsessed

I stop here for a sandwich to-go whenever I’m in the area

Vandekieft

Points +297

28 Apr 2022

Nice people, expensive for the quality

A decent a place with a lot of alright options. They are take out only but pack like they never do takeout. Make sure you are in a place that can't get messy.

Pros: Nice location , A lot of options

Cons: No eat in, Cost for quality , Terrible packing of the food.. So messy

Breah

Points +447

02 Oct 2021

GREAT vegan food!

My favorite things to order here are the Reuben and the mac n cheese. SO GOOD!!!

Pros: All vegan all the time , Mac n cheese

Cons: Small space, Weird hours

beepeachiee

Points +57

24 Jul 2021

Lovely Vegan Resturant

Obsessed. Everything is delicious!

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Affordable

MelRob

Points +149

17 Jul 2021

Pretty good

Breakfast tacos were very good. Wish they had more herbal tea options. Strange location.

Pros: Good portion sizes

veg.Angela

Points +425

09 Jun 2021

Tasty meal on a lovely day.

So many great options. I loved the reuben, the sauce was delicious. Would definitely return and highly recommend. Had to get the brownie, monster cookie and pop tart to go!

Pros: Many flavor packed options. , Great service., Nice outdoor dining space.

DavidAdami

Points +46

05 Jun 2021

Everything is good, some things are great

I stay away from soy as much as possible so my favorite items here are soy free. The baked goods are amazing. Try the beet bop boop bagel sandwich, always get the soup of the day, and a baked good if you want something sweet.

veganveg1

Points +335

16 Apr 2021

All vegan breakfast/lunch

My favorites are the beet bagel and the billie jean biscuit!

WFPBNOSOS

Points +294

18 Jul 2020

Picked up lunch to go

Passing through Ann Arbor, this location wasn’t too far out of our way and was well worth it. Don’t forget to get a Fudge Brownie to go with whatever deliciousness you order!

Pros: All vegan, Amazing food, Excellent service

Cons: Not a ton of parking, —, —

DeannaAllen

Points +26

02 Mar 2020

Incredible place!

My first time here! Brannon was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. I told him what I was craving and he recommended the Grand Slam. It was really great! The portions were large so I took half of it home. They have containers for sale so that you can be environmentally conscious too. I bought one for $5. Thanks! I will be back again soon.

Pros: Totally vegan menu, Soooo delish!, Friendly, outgoing, knowledgeable staff

plantingseeds

Points +478

18 Jan 2020

~Heavenly~

An everything vegan bakery and cafe. The almond croissant was perfection. Great locally roasted coffee and breakfast options like nowhere I’ve been. The breakfast tacos had it down to a culinary science. A zesty cheese sauce to top. The grand slam looked great too, I had a few bites. Especially liked the spinach on the side. Chill music in the background, floor to ceiling windows, nice layout for tables and booths. Really wonderful staff. I didn’t want to leave.

Stickwitch

Points +66

15 Sep 2019

Hidden gem

Hands down the best Lunch Room location. The Friday breakfast specials are unique and delicious (different kinds of waffles, French toast, croissants sandwiches, etc. Sometimes sweet, savory, or a mix). They announce them beforehand on Instagram.

Pros: 100% vegan, Friendly staff, Chill location

Steen

Points +35

30 May 2019

Awesome Spot for a Treat

For a lunch date with a friend, this place is my go-to. Everything I've tried has been delicious, and it's all vegan! Whether I'm going out with meat-eaters or fellow vegans, it's got something yummy for everyone.

akitt

Points +126

20 Apr 2019

I crave this place.

Chai is usually very good. Cinnamon rolls amazing. Plenty of seating, very friendly staff. But I crave their hangover cure bagel sandwich- YUM. Love the dessert selection and daily soups. Wish they were open a little later so I could bring my kids here for after school snack.

Pros: Yummy breakfast and lunch options, Pretty easy parking and plenty of seating

Cons: Wish they were open a little later, and weekends

Davesw

Points +3213

05 Mar 2019

Excellent menu

The lunch / breakfast menu is so good I haven't yet tried all of their delicious looking baked goods.

The breakfast tacos are my favorite!

allhess

Points +5269

01 Mar 2019

So, so good...

Loved my stop here! Was in the way out of town and it was the perfect way to bed farewell (for now) to the town of my college days. Yum!

Pros: 100% vegan, Tasty and affordable , Quick service

giuisa

Points +54

07 Jan 2019

*chefs kiss* beautiful

i love it here so much. the employees are friendly and the food is so yummy. i haven’t tried everything on the menu but have tried most of it. my favorite is the nachos or the tlt. the desserts are also wonderful