CLOSED: Qing Shui Lian Hua - The Lotus on the Water

Contact 028-86921839

5 Baiyunshi St, Chengdu, China,

清水荷花, at 白云寺街5号, is a vegan food Chinese restaurant near Wenshu temple. Has English picture menu presented on an ipad by the waitress. Typical Chinese veg style options and mock meats with dishes ranging from 20 yuan to 100+ yuan. Clean and simple inside, in a nice historic area of Chengdu. REPORTED CLOSED, NOV 2016. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese

First Review by mrswonderstuff

Appears to be closed - Edit

I tried to find this place yesterday (13th Oct 2016) and after walking round in circles and asking various people, the only place I could find that looked similar to the picture had no name. I asked in the Buddha Zen hotel nearby, who advised me that the place had closed down last week. Fortunately, the hotel had an extensive veggie menu, so I went there instead!

good food, but beware - Edit

When we saw the Chinese character for milk on one of the dishes we asked and they use "a little" milk in that dish to help hold the flower together. Thus, be careful.

They also had an English speaking server, and another who spoke a little English.

We recommend this place!

Pros: clean, tasty food, decent prices.

Cons: at least one dish had some milk in it.

Delightful place near Wenshu Monastery - Edit

The restaurant is easy to find with Vegan written on the outside.

We had a private table and there is no paper menu, it's all on an ipad! The waitress brings it over and you can choose which items you want. There is no English and the staff cannot speak English. However there are pictures to accompany each dish and it is split into sections.

We had the sweet and sour pork which was great, the dumplings in soup which was tasty and a ham dish whcih wasn't the best. But in total cam to less to 80RMB for two people. Bargain!

If you don't want spicy, say "Bu La"! 不辣!

Pros: Near temple, Relatively cheap, Pics on the ipad menu

Cons: No English, Slow to refill water

Nice food, good location - Edit

Recognisable by the word Vegan on their sign. Limited English spoken and photo menu on an ipad which the waitress helped us with. Dishes ranged from around RMB 18-60. We had 2 dishes, 2 rice and dumplings for around RMB 70. Food was nice but not amazing.

Pros: Convenient for visiting Wenshu Temple

Return to Chengdu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Qing Shui Lian Hua - The Lotus on the Water closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2023 times since May 2013.