The Lodge at Bryce Canyon

Contact 877-386-4383

Bryce, Bryce, Utah, USA, 84764

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu states eco-friendly and will accommodate special diets. Several vegan choices are available including grilled veggies, grilled portobello, hummus, salads that can be vegan without cheese, in addition to replacing chicken in any dish with Gardein chicken. Sorbet is vegan. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:30am, Mon-Sun 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Sun 5:30pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by robguz

Great find - Edit

As this was the only place to eat in Bryce Canyon, I didn't have many expectations. However!! We ended up very satisfied. We went there for dinner. The Gardein chicken was so amazing (it was the first time we tried it) that I seriously doubted if it was real or not. We had a vegan meal with grilled veggies etc., very filling and tasty. I wanted to try the quinoa bowl but I was told it was made with milk. However, I think the waiter might have been confused because it barely had any sauce ( my mother ordered it ), and it didn't look or smell like it had anything to do with milk.

Updated from previous review on 2016-10-19

Pros: gardein chicken, great vegan option

Cons: not sure if they know what vegan actually means

NOT TEMPEH BACON - Edit

The description for the VLT says "tempeh bacon," but it's definitely morning star farms bacon, which contains egg. NOT VEGAN! Makes m wonder if the other "vegan" options are actually vegan.

Surprising Find! - Edit

Stumbled upon The Lodge after a long morning of walking. They had several vegan options such as a burger, veggie wrap, salad and VLT sandwich, and also to replace chicken with Gardein chickn. I opted for the veggie bacon (VLT) sandwich, without aioli, with a side salad. It was delicious! Staff were lovely and attentive. Excellent find!

Better than expected - Edit

I'm guessing they have made improvements to their veg options. I ordered a veg blt with vegan tempeh bacon. Unfortunately the aioli is not vegan but the server suggested hummus on my "VLT" instead and that was a great substitution. My husband got a marinated portobello burger (can be made vegan with no cheese) and he enjoyed that too. They also have great beer! I was overall very happy with the server's knowledge of vegan food, his happiness to accommodate, and the food.

Pros: delicious portobello sandwich, tempeh bacon, fresh veggies

Disappointing - Edit

The menu looked good. 3 different vegetarian options. I ordered the quinoa & my boyfriend ordered the pasta. I got a bowl of brown mush. Very little veggies, very unappealing. The pasta was okay but not much better.

Pros: location

Cons: food

Very Ordinary - Edit

From my experience, there is not much positive to report about The Lodge at Bryce Canyon as far as a dining experience for vegans. The food (vegan burger & veggie wrap minus aioli) was edible but fairly bland and the staff (including a supervisor/manager) had little concept of what vegan food is (despite having a vegan burger on the menu!).

Cons: Staff lack knowledge about vegan food, Food not great

Vegan dining options in Bryce Canyon - Edit

This is the only dining option inside the park. It's a nice, moderate to expensive restaurant with several vegan options. They have Gardein "chicken" that can be substituted in any dish with chicken. Their menu mentions that they can accommodate special dietary restrictions. Both servers we had were knowledgable about what was vegan. Several dishes, such as salads, can be made vegan by leaving off the cheese. I had the quinoa primavera and the whole wheat penne pomodoro with fake chicken. Both were good, and better than I was expecting for a place in such a rural area. They also had a nice selection of beer and wine, including some local ones. Servers were prompt and professional. While this isn't somewhere I'd seek out in a city with many vegan options, for what it was it was pretty good and we were pleasantly surprised.

Pros: Several vegan options, Nice atmosphere, Knowledgable servers

Cons: Somewhat pricey, Only sorbet for vegan dessert

Return to Bryce Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Lodge at Bryce Canyon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1045 times since May 2014.