The Local Grocer

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 603-356-6068

3358 White Mountain Hwy (at north of the village), North Conway, New Hampshire, USA, 03845

Natural food market stocking organic and vegan food, supplements, beauty care, household products, and more. With cafe attached that focuses on organic, local and allergen friendly foods. Directions: Look for the big red building. Previously called Katrina's Organic Market. Mon-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm

First Review by jodie newton-drouin

Get your Chao cheese here - Edit

Attractive natural food store. We stopped here to get our vegan Chao cheese, Vegenaise, tomatoes, romaine, and fresh baked bread to make trail lunches for our hikes. They didn't have soy yogurt, which seemed like an obvious product to carry. There's also a yoga studio attached, which is okay; I took one vinyasa class which was a little slow, but it was good after three weeks of hiking. I prefer a more rigorous practice, incorporating strength with the flexibility. Beautiful space though.

Heaven - Edit

The local grocer is perfect. Not only does the store have all the produce, fruit, nuts and liquids you need it is also smack between a yoga studio and vegan eatery. Oh thank you lord. We stocked up here on our first night in Bartlett , which is about 15 minute away. Beware driving anywhere beyond this locale on the white mountain hwy towards Conway is a traffic nightmare. It took us 15 minutes to drive from the local grocer to the flatbread company which was only 1 to 1.5 miles from there in late August.

Pros: organic produce fruits, milk alternatives, kombucha, coconut water etc, yoga, vegan eatery

Cons: traffic on white mountain hwy

Favorite Healthy Cafe in North Conway Area - Edit

The local grocer keeps growing and getting better and better everytime I go there. This is my favorite spot in North Conway to get clean, healthy food. Alot of health food places don't serve great tasting food but that is not the case here. The food is really tasty and makes you want to come back time and time again. Hannah's Cornbread is so good with her Cauliflower Vegetable Dal soup. The quiches are really great too. And the breads are wonderful. I can always find something here I will really enjoy and the choices are extensive. Friendly staff and great store to shop in all and all---has everything from remedies, vitamins, fresh vegetables, groceries, prepared dishes, raw chocolates to fresh juices... Grateful to see this place humming! Definitely give it a try and you'll be hooked....:)

Pros: great tasting healthy food, lots of variety:vegan to non-vegetarian, juices, raw chocolates, friendly

Cons: none

Amazingly Yummy - Edit

This place has an amazing deli. They offer dishes for both vegans and non alike. Their food is delicious , they also offer yummy vegan baked goods. I wish there was a place like this near me. We stumbled on it well on our honeymoon and it was the last day of our trip. I can not wait to go back and try more of their vegan offerings!! They are a little pricey you are talking 9 or ten bucks for a sandwich with no sides or drinks. They do offer tap water for free.

Pros: excellent

Cons: a little pricey

A fantastic find in North Conway! - Edit

The Local Grocer is a fantastic place to go if you're in North Conway. We go to North Conway several times a year and I'm so happy that we happened to find this place the last time we were visiting. There were plenty of vegan options for my husband and I to choose from. I have found that breakfast can actually be the most difficult meal to find when we're in the North Conway area, so I was thrilled to find a place that gave us so many options. There is a decent sized dine in area as well as a small store inside. They were selling vegan baked goods at the counter as well and we bought phenomenal vegan whoopie pies. I can't wait to go back!

Pros: Many options, Casual & comfortable, Great food

LOVE this place! - Edit

So many options! The deli was great to grab a sandwich for lunch, and they can make anything on the menu vegan! I really wanted the panini but it had goat cheese, so they made it without! Great to grab snacks, veggies, wine, etc. I wish there was a place like this where I live! I highly recommend checking it out!!

Pros: great options, local products, amazing staff!

Return to North Conway Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Local Grocer closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3438 times since Aug 2007.