The Limin' Coconut

• Catering Catering
905-549-8331

829 1/2 King St E, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Serves meat, vegan options available. Caribbean catering company providing also a vegan menu. Its restaurant closed in Jan 2017. Open Wed-Fri 4:00pm-9:00pm, Sat 4:00pm-10:00pm.

First Review by Little Laura

PERFECT Caribbean Takeout! - Edit

My sister and I have ordered delivery from Limin' Coconut a few different times now and absolutely love it. The delivery is fairly timely and friendly, and the serving sizes are great for me and really fill me up, especially their vegan poutine. I've tried their sweet and spicy tofu and fried plaintain appetizers, both which I'm really satisfied with - the tofu is a little crunchy, puffy, and very flavourful, and the fried plaintain is sweet and delicious (if a little greasy). Everything I tried has been packed with flavour and leaves me wanting to come back again for more! They've got the best roti I've had from a takeout place ever.

Pretty great and reasonable price range, although I wish I could skip out on the delivery fee which ends up making the meal seem costlier than average takeout/delivery (even though it's only 6 dollars). Their location isn't optimal to go and get pickup from for non-drivers in the city, which will probably force most customers to get it delivered.

Their menu is great for anyone who needs to order takeout for a group if some of that group is omnivorous and unadventurous in their palate/a picky eater, as they have a moderate selection of meat and seafood dishes. This definitely doesn't detract from their wide range of delicious vegan fare though! They know how to accommodate, and won't make the mistake other restaurants might by dumping a bunch of dairy cheese on a vegan dish for no reason.

The only downside I've found about Limin' Coconut so far is that they only have one dessert option, and it's non-vegan. I love dessert and would totally buy any sweet animal-free things they added to the menu.

A small warning for people who stick to lettucy/raw food diets: this restaurant won't impress you. There's oil, fried foods, and tons of warm sauces.

Pros: Totally flavourful, Average price, Good-sized servings

Cons: Store isn't located in accessible area, No vegan desserts

Excellent Value! - Edit

I wasn't sure what to expect but was very pleased all round. Staff friendly but most importantly the food was fresh and tasty. Options for Vegans but they also have meat for my friends who hate vegetables. The prices were very cheap and the value incredible. Highly recommended for Vegans and non... I want to rate 5 but this app won't let me since it is a non vegan place.
Updated from previous review on Monday August 31, 2015

Pros: Tasty, Good doubles, Friendly owners

Cons: Lack of seating

Very dissapointing - Edit

We were so excited to try the food here and we were so disappointed when we had to wait 2.5 hours and 2 trips in to get our dinner order. I ended up having to cook dinner so my daughter could eat before going to bed. Then when my husband brought the food home half was cold and grease had soaked through whatever parchment/wax paper they lined the Styrofoam containers with and most of that food was inedible. The owner did apologize to my husband but in my opinion we should not have had to pay at all since it turned into more of an inconvenience than anything. When my husband asked if they could do anything considering the wait they gave us a free dessert that sadly had nuttella on it and we couldn't eat it (we are vegan). The poutine and spinach fritters were very good but everything else was a huge let down. The jerk tofu was watery and not spicy at all and I don't know if it was because half of our order must have sat there awhile waiting for the rest but it all seemed overly greasy :(

Pros: poutine

Cons: slow service, greasy food, styrofoam

AWESOME FOOD! - Edit

Two of us went to try this place out and the food is absolutely FANTASTIC!

I would give this place a 5 plus - If I could rate a non-vegan place so.

The thing is… that if like me you are vegan and you eat here - you don't notice the non veg part. (The food is prepared in the back.)

Pros: Absolutely great food, Nice staff, Very nice spices

Cons: Take out only

Return to Hamilton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Limin' Coconut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.