The Lemon Tree

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mediterranean restaurant with a vegan menu which includes pizza with vegan cheese, vegan tzatziki, faux chicken and vegan desserts. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Pizza, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by begoodjen

Confused waitress - Edit

My husband and I had dinner at The Lemon Tree early in the evening.

The restaurant was empty, aside from our table for two. Although it sounded like they had a lot of take-away orders.

It was clean and well-kept, a little dated in their choice of decor.

We ordered from the vegan menu, making sure to point out that we had selected the vegan options.

Our salad came with dairy feta and when I asked them where they get their cheese from the waitress said "Oh was that supposed to be vegan?" and I was shocked to find out they had served us their non-vegan version of bruschetta, too.

Lesson learned, I suppose. Always ask questions when the food hits the table. It's not safe to trust people to understand what vegan means.

The vegan dinner plate was very greasy, but otherwise it was good. We were served roasted potatoes, vegetable kabobs and some pita bread.

Pros: Attentive service

Cons: misunderstanding

awesome food, prices is okay - Edit

Me and my friends always come here now. The food is awesome, they have a whole separate vegan menu and the vegan cheese brand they use (not sure what brand but I know it's not daiya) is insanely good! The pizza they offer on the vegan menu is a little oily but other then that, I have no complaints

Yummy Vegan Options - Edit

I was turned on to this little gem by a friend of mine. I always assume there are no vegan options when it comes to greek food as this has been my experience in the past. Not the Lemon Tree though. They have a whole separate vegan menu.

I have been here 3 times. Each time the service and food were excellent. The prices aren't the lowest in town, but really where else can you get this stuff? I will say the wine is very reasonably priced.

Nice to have a vegan option outside downtown as well, and not have parking be an issue.

Highly recommended to vegans and omnis alike.

Pros: Vegan tzatziki!, Pizza, Cheap vino

Cons: none

Return to St Catharines Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Lemon Tree closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.