American
Mediterranean
Beer/Wine
Middle Eastern
Gluten-free

Mediterranean vegan restaurant founded in 2016 by a husband and wife team. Serves items like pizza with vegan cheese, caesar salads, hummus with flatbread, burgers, wraps, tzatziki, faux chicken, and some vegan desserts. Open Tue-Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm. Closed Mon.

Venue map for The Lemon Tree
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by begoodjen

SandraY

Points +127

15 Sep 2023

Delicious food big helpings

Enjoyed lunch here when passing through. Had a veg sandwich on pita and Greek salad. Husband had the chicken version. Their seitan is amazing. And the feta is also some sort of vegan sorcery. Highly recommend. Great service, quite busy buy no issue getting a table

Pros: Delicious food, home made , Great service , Large portions

Cons: Cheesecake texture unusual

Sanja

Points +239

13 Sep 2023

Versatile delicious vegan menu

This has to be a top 3 vegan restaurant in Ontario. It has a variety of vegan menu options to suit your taste and a nice selection of desserts. The service was pleasant and quick. The menu is filled with healthy house made vegan options. Will return again.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, House made healthy foods, Delicious desserts

graindefolie

Points +46

08 Sep 2023

Good food

The food was good, well seasoned

StephanieLanger

Points +820

04 Sep 2023

Fantastic

They have a big menu and a secret menu with more choices. Fun mocktails to try as well. The chicken parm sandwich had excellent flavor.

Pros: All vegan, So many choices

JaceyBennett

Points +127

22 Aug 2023

A real treasure in St. Catharines

The "Stacked Caesars" alone were worth the trip to The Lemon Tree! The Beyond Steak with mushrooms and asparagus was also great. There was no room left in me by the end, so I had to take the Limoncello cheezecake and the Salted Caramel Chocolate Peanut Butter cheezecake to go; when I finally got around to them, I couldn't put my fork down!

veggie_ween

Points +251

25 Jun 2023

Exceptional!

I really don’t know how they do it with the large menu, daily specials, secret menu, deserts, and drinks, but they do it exceptionally! Fast and friendly service and fantastic food. Everything I’ve tried so far is top notch.

Pros: Friendly, fast service , Delicious food all round, Ample parking

MarcusK

Points +825

16 Jun 2023

Pretty good

Always a good sign when a restaurant is busy. I came in and the place was packed- obviously appeals to the locals and probably non-vegans. They have a good selection of appetizers and interesting entrees. I asked what the ‘calamari’ is made from and the waitress said cryptically “it’s a secret”…it’s made from Heart of Palm in case you’re interested and it was fairly mediocre. I’ve had better. They have cashew cheese and lots of pizza options. It’s not fine dining but it’s a decent vegan place off the highway

Pros: Pizza, Lots of apps

Cons: Mediocre calamari heart of palm

fickel

Points +109

22 May 2023

Tasty Vegan Spot

Really enjoyed everything we had. The decor was cute too.

daniellecait

Points +50

31 Mar 2023

So good

They had so many options it was hard to choose! Got the mushroom chicken and it was the tastiest seitan I've ever had! Also tried the big Mac fries and they were incredible!

Pros: Lots of options and a secret menu!, Large servings , Friendly staff

EdithUrmersbach-John

Points +88

11 Jan 2023

Acceptably friendly

Yummy food, friendly and super clean.
Definitely a recommendation to visit and enjoy!!!

Pros: Great choice , Really tasty , Friendly service

NayeliAbrego

Points +1938

30 Nov 2022

Wow

We only had takeout BUT the food was seriously incredible. When the takeout is that good, I'm impressed. Plus the interior looked so inviting, AND smelled unreal 😍 Will definitely return to dine in!

Pros: Fully vegan, So many options, Tremendously delicious!

Akame91

Points +82

18 Oct 2022

Nice Vegan Restaurant

The staff were friendly. I liked that there was a secret menu that you had to scan the QR code to see additional options that weren't on the menu they give to you at the table. The quality of the food was delicious & the presentation of the food was nice. I didn't like the Nachos or Mozzarella sticks, but everything else tasted delicious. I would definately go back. Took my family there to try Vegan food for their first time. Not all of them were susceptible & wasted some food & the waitress didn't seem to like food being wasted & was pushy for me to tKe it home despite me not living there. However, overall good portion sizes, nice presentation and many options!

Pros: Lots of options, Quality is good, Good portion size

Cons: A bit pricey , Waitress can be pushy to not waste anything

becca.k

Points +88

30 Sep 2022

Excellent Dinner and Service

Me and my partner went here while on a trip to Niagara Falls and I was very impressed. I had the Meze platter and it was delicious! I made a Happy Cow account specifically to give this restaurant a 5 star review. Items are listed as meat/cheese although it does specify that it’s 100% vegan at the bottom on the menu and I confirmed this with the server. Will return!

Sarah0496

Points +76

31 Jul 2022

Flavorful food

Great food. Everything was flavored so well and they have a pretty big menu. Would defintely come back again!

Updated from previous review on 2022-07-31

Pros: Large menu , Good value

Stacie99

Points +486

28 Jul 2022

Tremendous

The food here was so delicious. We had the poutine and the Barek lunch with a Caesar salad. It would be hard not to get it again!

Pros: Cute vibe, Good portions , Amazing food

Cons:

TheBake

17 Sep 2022

katefall48

Points +256

26 Jun 2022

Great Food

This is a great place to go if you're visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake and want an all vegan restaurant. It's about 20 minutes away by car but well worth the drive. Everything was delicious, service was great and it's a cute place (in a not so cute strip mall area). We'll be back!!

WiseGoddess

Points +62

25 Jun 2022

My new favourite vegan restaurant

Absolutely loved the food, dips and cheeses were out of this world. Had the mezze platter and they made it gluten free for me. The service was super friendly..I need to go more often lol.

JuliaSacco

Points +68

05 Apr 2022

Amazing vegan food in Niagara!

I can honestly vouch for everything on the menu here! Delicious Mediterranean food- especially the dips and falafel dinner. A must-try!

KileyOBrien

Points +342

12 Mar 2022

Everyone needs to try the Cesar salad

We got the calamari, Cesar salad, and different varieties of fake meat. I wouldn’t recommend the chick’s cutlet but I don’t know why I got that in the first place since it’s not something I would enjoy anyways, so that’s on me! The service was awesome and seriously the Cesar salad is to die for!!

NormandDoyon

Points +158

01 Mar 2022

Great food for everyone!

While visiting family in St. Catharines, we came here at The Lemon Tree for lunch. We were greeted by a very friendly staff member. The space is bright, clean, nicely decorated and offers a very relaxing casual atmosphere.
I was the only actual vegan in our party of four (plus a baby) and we all thought the food was excellent. We had an order of Dolmades and an order of Tuscan Balsamic Pita as appetizers followed by a Falafel Wrap and two Chicken Wraps. The service was prompt and again, very friendly. I am already looking forward to coming back to try other items from the menu or even just for deserts and coffee as they also looked delicious.

TovaDavidson

Points +73

27 Feb 2022

Great Sunday Lunch

We came in to celebrate a family birthday. Shared apps and a couple people also had mains. Everything was great. Quick service. Loved the chicken wrap. Another favorite... spinach and artichoke dip.

Pros: Great food without of choices, All vegan, Yummy creme brulle.

wallaceJlyn

Points +416

20 Feb 2022

OMg!!

A trip to Niagara had us searching for vegan food and found this one. 15 min drive from the hotel, and well worth the trip. Food was made so flavourful & with care. Will have to return before heading home. So many menu items to try.

Pros: Amazingly flavoured with love & kind employees , Lots of all vegan delicious choices , Easy access location

NicoleLanglois

Points +30

04 Feb 2022

Delicious food, welcoming atmosphere

I have come here several times and everything I have tried has been delicious. They also have a very welcoming and unpretentious atmosphere, perfect for bringing along non-vegan friends/family. Fave dishes are the tzatziki dip, falafel wrap, stuffed portobello mushrooms and the cheesecake!

BMorrissey

Points +25

31 Jan 2022

Great place!

All plant-based menu!

Started as a Greek restaurant ... still lots of Greek influence.

Great variety of foods ...

They have a patio.

Cons: located in a small mall

BeansOnToast

Points +385

01 Jan 2022

Best Middle Eastern Food, period.

Just because this place is all Vegan does not stop omnivores from driving from all over Ontario to come here. Their house made pitas just melts in your mouth and disappears too quickly. Mezze Platter has it all (almost) but then order their Asiago Cheese Dip and voila!

Pros: Homemade Pita Bread, Asiago Cheese Dip, Mezze Platter

Cons: Pizza., Calamari. Texture is mushy., Falafel. Tasteless.

QuinnElliott

Points +24

25 Nov 2021

Very good

Love that its 100% vegan they also have great desserts

Pros: Delicious wraps, Yummy salads , Great feta cheese

Cons: A bit pricey, French fries are over cooked

Lindamoon

Points +37

19 Nov 2021

The best Mediterranean food

Everything is vegan. Everything is delish. I love the warm pita bread. It goes well with everything. When the entire menu is vegan, I feel like a kid in a candy store - I want everything! Definitely will be a regular here