The Leaf Healthy House

Contact 012-4988491

5, Lebuh Penang, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia, 10200

樂活素食飲食空間 offers 2 types of vegan pasta which uses vegan cheese, has vegan fried rice. Uses rock salt, brown sugar, and brown rice. No added MSG. Staff will assist regarding vegan options. Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 5:30pm-9:00pm, Sat 11:30am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Western, Take-out, Catering, Fusion

First Review by eatinggreen

Lots of options - Edit

While the leaf did have plenty of options, I found their food to be somewhat underwhelming. The size was a little on the small side compared to similar places, and I also didn't feel it was as good, despite costing slightly more. It was by no means terrible I just felt there were better places to be having the same thing.

Pros: Good selection

Cons: expensive, slow service

Pleasant Atmosphere - Edit

The restaurant is a bit small, but still have a pleasant atmosphere. They serve quite a few of the western style food such as pasta, while i personally do prefer local food. Food is healthy and in good portion. They have highchair for children. Staff was friendly. The restaurant is not far from the other restaurant, Water drops.

Pros: Food, Ambience

Cons: *

Healthy for a change - Edit

Have been getting tired of the regular Indian and Chinese food; how much mock meat can a person handle. Ate here twice and had the pasta both times. The first night we had the basil and pine nut pasta and the second night the tomato sauce pasta. The spices they used were interesting in terms of taste since they don't cook with garlic and onions. I do love my garlic and onions. Anyway, it was a nice change and the food was good. The restaurant was quiet and pleasant as were the servers.

Pros: Nice change - different food, Nice atmosphere

Healthy - up to you if that's good or bad - Edit

Cozy cafe with friendly staff, a bit too healthy for my taste though. I like fries with my burgers. They're open until 9 pm.

Pros: Cozy, Friendly staff

Cons: Relatively pricey, Close early, They overdo the health thing

restaurant hard to find - Edit

we spent hours looking for this place at the stated address and couldn't find it. given that the rest of the food in Penang is pretty much a let down, it's worth trying to find this place, but hope someone else has better luck and can update directions. staff at restaurant speak English but cannot give useful directions.

Cons: hard to find

Perfect healthy lunch spot - Edit

A pleasant little cafe serving mostly pastas and burgers together with a handful of Asian dishes (mostly noodles).

We were hoping for some local flavours but the best we could do was a small side dish (the name of which escapes me but it was the only one not in English and consisted of a salad with a sweet potato sauce - very nice) and a rice set (the usual pile of brown rice with a few vegetable side dishes and a soup, but also a crunchy peanut concoction that had a distinctly Malaysian flavour to it). We accompanied these with a burger filled with potato curry and free range organic egg (a rare venture into the animal kingdom for us), which was surprisingly good although very small.

While the selection was mainly Western, the food here was all very tasty and guilt free because the condiments they use are natural and health minded (raw sugar, coconut/olive oils, rock salt, etc. and no MSG - yay!). We did feel they could get away with slightly more sparing use of the condiments but this was a small point and most would probably disagree anyway.

All in all I can certainly see us coming back here, although probably for lunch next time, since it was quite light and simple fare. The shop was very clean and nicely decorated and the service friendly and eager to please.

Pros: strong health focus, tasty - the chef has good sense, clean, pleasant interior

Cons: mostly western food, limited options, lots of carbs

Return to Penang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Leaf Healthy House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3214 times since Jul 2011.