The Lansdowne Pub

71 Beda Rd, Cardiff, Wales

Serves meat, vegan options available. Friendly pub with choices for vegans and vegetarians. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-11:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Pizza, Western, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by arthursgrub

Has Vegan Menu - Edit

They have just incorporated a Vegetarian and Vegan menu. However after much discussion some of their vegetarian items are cooked in the same medium as non veg items thus incurring cross contact. For I stance their their cheese battered item is fried in the same fryer/oil as fish. The 2nd chef said this is a standard across all pubs/restuarants.

I have had extensive discussions explaining this is not in accordance to Vegetarian Society standards.

It has been confirmed that the potato chips are suitable for vegans as fried in own fryer. Please confirm that your dish is cooked & handeled appropriately.

They had a rice dish which was nice to have as I like rice. We had the Thai curry with rice which was nice and the Japanese Katsu which my partner liked but I did not. We found them to be overpriced for the flavours and the portions too small.

They still need a talk about food Handeling and what vegan and vegetarian food standards are. They seem to think the temperature of the hot oil has something to do with it. I advised it still places animal fats on vegetarian vegan items thus making them not suitable for vegans.

Cons: Lack of Vegan & Vegetarian food handeling

Nice friendly pub - Edit

Meat serving pub but has a few excellent veggie options. The choice of beers is excellent. It's a wee bit out of city centre but worth visiting if around canton area. Good atmosphere on Friday and Saturday nights.

Pros: beers, atmosphere , friendly

Cons: serves meat, Not in city centre (maybe a good thing

Return to Cardiff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Lansdowne Pub closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.