The Lakeshore House

207-997-7069

9 Tenney Hill Rd, Monson, Maine, USA, 04464

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar, restaurant, and inn - a staple for Appalachian Trail thru hikers. Menu has a veggie burger (patty is vegan). There are also several starters, salads, and other items that can be made vegan. Will customize menu items to suit.

Categories: Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Alyannkar

If you find yourself in Monson.... - Edit

I didn't set out to write a review for Lakeshore House, but it popped up on my profile saying no one had reviewed it yet. I grew up in central Maine, so I have actually eaten there though it was several years ago.

At the time I wasn't vegetarian, so I believe I got the rueben once and maybe a vegetarian pasta special the other time. My dad and I ate our sandwiches outside by the lake which was nice if very windy. Overall my memory was of a rather typical rural Maine execution of food preparation; not something to write home about but you're grateful to find some vegetables on the menu. I definitely have the impression the owners care and want people of all dietary ilks to be happy.

If I find myself eating up there again I'll revamp the review, but if you find yourself in Monson you're not going to have too much to choose from! I will say the fact that they have any veg*n options sets them apart from most of the downhome eateries in Dover-Foxcroft, where the only vegetarian dishes are french fries and coleslaw with grilled cheese if you're lucky.

Pros: It's Monson and they are trying, Friendly staff and atmosphere, Picnic tables by the lake

Cons: Limited options, Veggies mostly in form of salad, Likely no tofu or protein other than beans/cheese, Pasta & non-salad veggies likely to be overcooked

Incredible owner and staff. - Edit

At the Lakeshore, it is clear that the staff brings you into their family, completely taking care of you in every way possibly. The Lakeshore House is in a small town right on the AT, complete with a small town regular community of customers. Everyone is friendly and that makes for an incredible environment.

The owner was my waitress the first and second time I was there. She pointed me towards the vegan options and she even told me that she, as a vegan, has her own vegan cheese and soy sausage that she would love to use to modify any item on the menu with. She was so incredible and basically let my sister and I create our own meal. The food was so delicious, we visited twice. I would definitely go again if I am ever in Monson again!

Return to Monson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Lakeshore House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.