The Korea SY House

( 1 review )

1844 S Westnedge Ave, Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA, 49008

Serves meat, vegan options available. Korean restaurant serving bibimbap, stone bowls, fried rice dishes, noodles, tea. Four of the bibimbaps and several noodles and rice dishes begin with a vegan base - just make sure you specify no egg. The stone bowls are served still sizzling which creates a crisped rice on the bottom. Dishes are served with a variety of pickled vegetables. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-3:00pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Asian, Korean, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by MerryRose

Beautiful delicious food, impeccable service - Edit

My family and I were nervous about the lack of cars in the parking lot, but with little other options we were aware of we decided to give it a shot, and boy am I glad we did! You walk in and the immediate word that comes to mind is elegant. Our server was the definition of polite and really set the standard high for food service. I ordered the vegetable bibimbap stone bowl (rice, noodles, sauteed vegetables, and possibly the best sauce I have ever had - their homemade special bibimbap sauce). I also tried the noodle dish my mom got (I believe they were sweet potato cellophane noodles - in a sesame sauce with ) that were absolutely addicting. They had several other options and once we explained to our server what vegans could/couldn't eat he was able to identify not only what was vegan but what could easily be modified by the kitchen to be vegan. The presentation of the food was a wonderful part of the experience as well. The stone dishes are placed in the oven which allows the flavors of the entire dish as a whole to come together (the server phrased this much more eloquently than I can) and then there were several smaller dishes of pickled vegetables that you can choose to add to your dish as well. I will 100% come back here again! The prices were also very reasonable (especially for the vegan food, holla!) and for the experience and amazing food about $10 per person for authentic Korean food is wonderful!

Pros: beautifully presented food, incredibly polite service, delicious, authentic flavors

Cons: it's a little chilly inside

Return to Kalamazoo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Korea SY House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.