The Keys

Contact 570-344-3388

244 Penn Ave, Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA, 18503

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual bar with extensive selection of beers on tap, full bar and different vegan choices daily. Go on a Wednesday for vegan stuffed burgers; Thursday for vegan grilled cheese, and Friday for vegan pizza. Very vegan conscious - cross-contamination is avoided by using separate grills. Owner Jen inspires to start a vegan deli some time. Live music venue. Open Tue-Sat 5:00pm-12:00am, Wed-Sun 12:00am-2:00am. Kitchen open until 11:00 pm most nights.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, International, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by stephaniekh

amazing!!! - Edit

So so wonderful. I ate there 4 out of the 5 nights I was in Scranton. The grilled cheese sandwich was amazing!!! great drink and menu selection. The owner, chef, and staff were all so personable. I can't wait to go back. a must visit for those in the area. Vegan or non. A+

Pros: lots of options

Cons: that it's far away!

Truly amazed at this Gem... - Edit

Excited to find out this is finally on Happy Cow!!...I usually share info about this cool, vegan friendly place locally or bring others in and now to I get to share to anyone who has this cool app that I have relied on for many years!
After my experiences here it's safe to say it's in a class of its own..cool corner bar with live music weekly, tributes and themed events with coordinating food and drinks ie. Tribute to Bowie and Prince, purple drinks, irish food etc..and vegan options at all times...the owner is a doll and knows vegan and cross contamination is a non issue..just when you think you have tried most of their delicious vegan comfort food the place never ceases to amaze you with variations week after week..like Shepards pie pizza ohmygawd!...you never leave hungry or broke so tip big!...the food and service and low key vibe is great ...always support vegan and local♡♡

Pros: Creative Vegan comfort options, Inexpensive , Service

Vegan Bar Food?? Yes please!! - Edit

I love bars. I love beer. I love good music. And, I love vegan food. Put them all together and you get The Keys!! This super casual little bar in Scranton serves up some of the yummiest vegan grub in town. The prices are crazy cheap to boot! Don't miss the $2 potato waffles and the stuffed burgers on Wednesday nights. And don't be shy about asking for the vegan options. The staff knows how to take good care of us, including NO cross-contamination concerns. Great selection of beer on tap. Go! Have fun!!

Pros: Comfort food, Friendly staff, Inexpensive

Return to Scranton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Keys closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 257 times since Jun 2016.