The Kathmandu - Highland

Contact 801-466-3504

3142 S Highland Dr, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84106

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers 30+ vegan dishes, including soups and rice. Lunch buffet Mon-Sat til 2:30pm. Peaceful atmosphere with Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Nepali, Himalayan, Non-veg

First Review by wanderer

Amazing Lunch Buffet - Edit

Tons of vegan stuff on the lunch buffet. Dinner is great too. Spicy options. Friendly staff. A must try.

Updated from previous review on Sunday March 10, 2013

Pros: Spicy Options, Delicious, Lots Of Vegan Options

Excellent! - Edit

The Katmandu is a great little place that offers a lunch buffet with a wide variety of veggie food. The menu is fairly extensive and the staff is very helpful in letting you know what is vegan. All of the dishes I tried were flavorful and some spicy. Overall this is an excellent place that I would eat at in the future!

Pros: variety, staff is friendly, buffet segregates meat from veg items

Cons: serves meat :(, dim lighting

I'm so happy to have found The Kathmandu! - Edit

I don't know why I didn't try this place sooner. It is fabulous! I took my husband there as a surprise, and he was very pleased. There were so many vegan options to choose from. They aren't specifically marked on the menu, but the server was very helpful and assured us that the dishes we wanted were vegan. The naan contains dairy, so we were offered roti instead. We ordered two dishes from the Nepali section of the menu, a pumpkin curry, and a kofta. Both were super tasty. We ordered our dishes "medium" to be safe, but it didn't taste spicy at all to us. We like our food to have a nice kick, so next time we will order it spicy. They also offer a vegan ice cream dessert, but we didn't try it this time. We are already planning to go back next weekend and try more of the dishes!

Pros: excellent food, nice atmosphere, friendly service

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Kathmandu - Highland closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 918 times since Nov 2011.