The Juicery

Contact 603-431-0693

51 Hanover St (at downtown), Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA, 03801

Juice cafe serving fresh juices, smoothies, wheatgrass shots, grab n go salads and wraps. Offers bee pollen and sometimes bags of honey mustard chips. Has other outlets - check webpage. Open Mon-Sun 6:30am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by phthaloe

Not just juices - Edit

I always feel sad when restos pigeon hole themselves with a name like "The Juicery". I didn't plan to come here but I am glad I did. Turns out they have quite a few sandwiches made on demand on their menu and some salads in their fridge to-go, albeit nearly everyone was ordering juices and smoothies while I was there. I had the strawberry matcha smoothie which was nice but I could not taste any matcha.

No Place to Wash Your Hands - Edit

Food is tasty and healthy. Staff is courteous. But there is no bathroom or even a sink to wash your hands before you eat. The staff directed me to a public bathroom in a parking garage that was really grungy and had no water running in the sink.

Fresh and Fast. - Edit

The juicery had exactly what you would imagine. Juices, smoothies and some wraps. I didn't try the wraps, but I did come here three times during my vacation in Portsmouth. The juices and smoothies were excellent. Any of there larger size smoothies would be a good breakfast alternative if you're in the mood to grab and smoothie on a nice morning walk.

Pros: Fresh, Fast, Great Taste

Ridiculous - Edit

This place is ridiculously awesome. Their juices are so yummy. I love the Life Blood personally... It makes my heart beet.

After all,
“The beet is the most intense of vegetables. The radish, admittedly, is more feverish, but the fire of the radish is a cold fire, the fire of discontent not of passion. Tomatoes are lusty enough, yet there runs through tomatoes an undercurrent of frivolity. Beets are deadly serious."
― Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume

Pros: Fresh Ingredients, Delicious, Healthy

Healthy Options In Portsmouth - Edit

Wraps and smoothies. Good healthy options.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 28, 2013

Pros: Friendly Staff, Healthy Low Fat And Raw Foods, Not Too Expensive

Cons: Not Much Seating

Steep prices for very basic food - Edit

My partner and I were driving from MA to ME and decided to pop in here for a quick lunch. We shared the big fresh salad with hummus and the thai wrap. The salad was really just a chopped salad of lettuce, cabbage, carrots, and tomatoes with your dressing of choice. I got the ginger miso dressing and was unimpressed. Hummus cost a dollar extra, which came in a teensy container and tasted like stale cumin powder. Quite possibly the worst hummus I've ever eaten.

The wrap used the same salad ingredients as filling, plus a few pieces of tofu and a peanut sauce. The tofu didn't seem to have been cooked at all, much less seasoned. The wrap was tiny, bland, and dry, and certainly not worth the $7+ price tag.

We paid $16 for this basic and inadequate lunch that left us hungry. I know this review might strike as harsh. By no means did I expect gourmet food; I simply wanted it to deliver the quality that I paid for, but it failed.

Cons: stingy portions, meh food, price

Greatest Place in Portsmouth,NH! - Edit

The Juicery has everything good for you. Best smoothies and veggie juice and acai drinks plus more of the best...The wraps are filling. My favorite is the Indonesian Temphah ! Servings are generous and the gals and guys working are honorable folks. Your best investment in Portsmouth !!

Great for road trips - Edit

My wife and I always stop here on our road trips away from and back to Atlantic Canada. It's conveniently in the middle. Portsmouth is a cute, small town. The Juicery is in a tiny space but is great. I love the Acai Energy smoothie. If I'm getting food as well, I usually go for the Thai wrap.

Pros: Healthy, Vegan

Cons: Cash only

Every city should have one! - Edit

This is a fantastic little spot. They've got a great selection of wraps to choose from, which from the few times I've been, are all incredibly delicious. The smoothies are nothing to shake a stick either, they're bursting with all sorts of great flavors. Since I'm in RI I don't make it up that way all that often, but I certainly make it a point to stop by when I'm in the area. Although there's no room to eat there as it's a very small spot, you can easily find a nice place to sit somewhere in the area. I'd like to make it up there in the Fall when they're serving what I've heard to be some ridiculously good chili. Anyway, it's well worth a visit for the great vegan food at a decent price!

Pros: It's all-vegan!, Friendly staff, Incredible food

Cons: x, x, x

Yummy. - Edit

Smoothies made from all natural products that put jamba juice to shame. Best smoothies I've had at a restruant. Have a wide variety and a lot of add ins for health. A small menu for wraps. Great staff.

Pros: very healthy, best tasting, friendly staff

Cons: very tiny, no sit ins., slightly expensive, not open year round

Return to Portsmouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Juicery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3778 times since Aug 2007.