The Italian

02-99675468

Shop 5, 183-191 High St, Willoughby, New South Wales, 2068

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian restaurant making sourdough pizza dough and pasta. Menu lists 4 or so vegan pizzas using Uses cashew cheese or notzarella, and a vegan zucchini fries appetizer with spicy cashew cheese. Other items can modified to become vegan - ask. Open Mon-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-3:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by ayla.soso

Love this place! - Edit

Quality pizzas with vegan cheese and the eggplant rigatoni norma pasta (remove ricotta cheese) is sooo good.

Food was good but service wasn’t great - Edit

Reserved a table for my family for my dads birthday and they didn’t even have the reservation recorded when we got there. The waiters took a long time to come around even though there was only a couple of other people dining there that evening and it was definitely not busy. The food was good and they had some different options for vegans but for that price I could have gone somewhere to get both better food and service. Even though there was barely anyone in the restaurant they rushed us and told us they needed the table (although we were one table of 3 and it was a pretty much empty restaurant at this point and they weren’t closing for another hour), and put the bill on our table as soon as they took our plates away. When we went to pay with the card they held out the eftpos so we could put in a tip when we hadn’t indicated on our bill that we were going to be tipping. After just clicking through because after that service we weren’t keen on tipping, the hostess was very rude and abrupt and gave us an angry look. We felt rushed and uncomfortable and it’s a shame because we would have returned there had there been at least friendly service. The staff weren’t at all rushed they were just chatting amongst themselves, having worked in hospitality myself I was surprised that they acted in such a way to really pleasant customers like us when there was no reason to with such an empty restaurant.

Return to Willoughby Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Italian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.