The Incredible Nutshell

• Veg Shop Veg Shop
  • Vegan
Contact 01142508555

31 Chesterfield Rd, Sheffield, England, S8 ORL

Long established vegetarian shop turned vegan in late 2015. Sells a variety of health food and products, including chilled, frozen, shelf staples, snacks, chocolate, gluten-free foods; eco household products and toiletries; cards and gifts. Open Mon-Tue 10:00am-7:00pm, Wed 10:00am-8:00pm, Thu 10:00am-7:00pm, Fri 10:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-5:30pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm.

First Review by the fox

The place to go - Edit

I've been meaning to go to the Nutshell for a while and I so wish I had gone sooner. They stock everything I have been looking for, as a vegan, which means instead of buying things online, I'm now able to support a beautiful small, local business. Hurray!

Excellent vegan shop - Edit

Stocked with my vegan favourites as well as products I've yet to try. There's something for every vegan here. Staff were knowledgable and helpful. I came away a very happy vegan!

Pros: excellent range of products, 100% vegan - no label reading needed! , helpful staff

A very nice surprise - Edit

I had known of the existence of the Incredible Nutshell for several years but until last month I hadn't visited (I guess the name makes it sound like it only sells nuts and I couldn't be bothered to walk all the way to Chesterfield Road for the kinds of things you can buy in any old health food shop). However, upon visiting I discovered that the Incredible Nutshell is most definitely the most vegan-centric food shop in Sheffield and a true must for anyone living here - they sell a wide variety of things I haven't seen before in shops in Sheffield (or I assumed you could only buy online).

I particularly liked the gift box section of the store - they have pre-made mini hampers for reasonable prices which I think are a brilliant idea as it often seems quite hard to think of a coherent food-related vegan gift (as in, a gift that looks like a gift and feels special). I'm not sure if that's just a Christmas-only thing though.

Anyway, I would highly recommend this store and I would imagine that most vegans (or people in general) will find something new to try in this little place!

Pros: very good for vegans, like the gift box section

Fantastic shop! - Edit

It's probably a good thing that I don't live close to this shop or I'd be in there every day, it's amazing! The variety is phenomenal, from food to cleaning items and everything in between. Don't even get me started on the mind blowing selection of vegan cheeses!

Pros: Variety , Fridge and freezer food, Helpful staff

Cons: A little expensive

Great Shop! - Edit

Was so happy to come across this place, had so many things I'd been looking for. Great to find a friendly local place that has amazing vegan foods, household products and more.
Visited it after going to the little Heeley City Farm round the corner, which was an awesome vegan combo.
Will be going back!

Pros: Lots of choice, Speciality Items

Cons: No deals really

Aladdin's Cave - Edit

A brilliant place with a wide range of products, many vegan. They can also order things for you if you can't find what you're looking for. Well worth a visit!

Pros: Great choice, Great friendly staff

Fantastic - Edit

This is a brilliant shop for vegetarians, vegans (like me) or anyone who likes interesting food (also me!) - it has a great selection of food items (plant-based milks and cheeses, chocolate, staples like nuts, flours, pastas, soups etc) and non-food items (incense, bamboo socks, toiletries, vitamins, eco-friendly sanitary options, house cleaning products etc). They are always getting new things in, which keeps it interesting, and will stock things if you ask them to. Well worth a visit or several! :-)
Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 27, 2015

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly owners, A wide range of choice

You can't please everyone, can you? - Edit

A decent enough place selling things that are difficult to find elsewhere in Sheffield but I do find the owners a tad unfriendly. Last time I was there the door was locked and there was a sign saying "Back in 2 Minutes" but it was over 5 before anyone came. I know there are times when you have got to go but don't say back in 2 minutes if it's going to be 10, folks. It's cold out there.

Prices are high which is probably not the owners' fault but it does tend to make the goods out of the price range of people on low pay or benefits, and I was surprised to see pills on display. I expect to see them at Holland & Barrett but not at an independent shop where space is tight. More food would be better.

Pros: Interesting foods on sale

Cons: Expensive, Not enough range

cooking4vegans Hi wonder wasp, this is Charley, the owner of The Incredible Nutshell. I'm sorry that you seem to have had a bad experience here. I try my best to be friendly and polite to everyone, so I'm sorry if you don't find this the case.

I take your point about the door sign - it was inherited from the previous owner, but I'll make a new one that states five or ten minutes! Sadly this is the one problem with running a shop with an outside loo when you're the only full-time member of staff and suffer from IBD…

All the stock we sell is priced at the manufacturer's RRP or in some cases slightly below, and I do my best to choose the best value varieties from our wholesalers when I can.

Since taking over the shop six months ago, I've doubled the number of different food products in stock (almost 1000 products on the inventory showing as currently in stock) and added a lot of new food products that are harder to find or aren't available in supermarkets. There are still two or three shelves of vitamin supplements as we have regular customers who are used to buying them from us and request them if we run out!

Best wishes,

Charley

Awesome shop - Edit

For a smallish shop the Incredible Nutshell packs a lot in, and since it changed hands earlier this year the range has improved. Probably the best vegan range in Sheffield including stuff I haven't seen elsewhere. It's a small independent and so not the cheapest and it's out of town, but well worth a visit. Sometimes there are even free samples to be had ;) They currently open 'til 8pm on Wednesday and you can stay up to date on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TheIncredibleNutshell)

Pros: Good range, Friendly and helpful, Later opening hours

Cons: Not the cheapest, Too far away from my house!

Great shop :) - Edit

Went in this shop for the first time and was really impressed with the range of stock. It's under new management and it now opens until 6.30 3 nights a week which is great as you can get there after work instead of having to wait until a Saturday. Would definitely recommend to friends :)

a good shop - Edit

Improved massively since the revamp and overhaul a year ago.they have a good range of vegan cheese by Sheffield standards which doesn't say much in itself given the city's abysmal standards for vegan scran. They sell pricy snacks like vegan marshmallows and other stuff too much trouble for Holland and barrattt to try out. One day staff gave me two free courgettes which was terrific.

Pros: vegan items, reasonable range

Cons: pricy, small shop

Fantastic Shop! - Edit

Wow! This place has really been transformed to a really vibrant place! Great selection of mostly vegan food and non food items with a focus on fairtrade and organic products. Great range of Cat Lane bread and other very tasty take away treats. To make the store even better you have two people running it who know what they are selling and are passionate about healthy food. A joy to shop there.

Pros: Wide range of vegan food, Late night Thursday, very helpful staff

Return to Sheffield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Incredible Nutshell closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2285 times since Jul 2012.