First Review by JohannaKarolina

nice and relaxed - Edit

super friendly and smiley staff.good to have a menu that changes every day and everything is freshly made.the food is tasty and good portion.not sure if they have the £5 deal every day but that is incredible cheap.

Pros: Relaxed feel and happy staff

Cons: i didn't see any dessert on menu ( but didn&#3

Oh, so good! - Edit

We couldn't decide which dish to choose, they all sounded appealing, so we went for "eat everything" option (£15 per person, minimum for two people, try every dish, unlimited rice plus dessert). The food was plentiful and amazing,nice people coconut soup and sweet soy tempeh dish and green salad were our favourite, yum. What you won't eat you can take home, which I did. Dessert was delicious too, very light and healthy, yet yummy. I could hardly move after all this food orgy, but it was worth it. Last but not least staff is great, they're really nice people, we felt looked after but they weren't fake or intrusive.

Pros: Amazing food, Great value for money , Friendly atmosphere

Cons: None for me

Amazing Eastern Asian cuisine - Edit

They've added a deal where you can sample everything off the menu - including unlimited rice - for £15. Or, before 5pm you can have any £8 main for £5. I opted for the former, being excited there was scheuzan tofu on the menu, and no mushroom dishes (I detest mushrooms). However, before my dishes arrived the tofu had sold out, and two of the dishes we received were mushroom based. That was disappointing. Though with one dish I was able eat around them and enjoy the savoury "pudding" they accompanied.

It was my second time sampling their jackfruit curry, which is a dish I've never seen elsewhere and I would highly recommend it. I was also excited that to finish off was a dessert of coconut & mango puree; it's no Oreo cheesecake but was the sweetness I needed to feel satisfied. They also have a good range of craft beers, too, and service was fantastic (apart from the tofu incident).

Sitting on stools all afternoon wasn't great, next time I'd request a table at the back with the chairs.

Pros: Unique dishes , Reasonably priced, Relaxed environment

Cons: Not knowing the menu til the day

Okay food, really nice people - Edit

Went here for lunch and got some curried plantains with rice. The food was okay. In another city I would give this place a higher review, but with all the great options in Glasgow this place wasn't the best.

The people were really friendly though. They opened at 12:00 and we arrived at 11:30. They let us inside to use the wifi and hang out until their kitchen opened.

Pros: Great staff, Decent prices, Cool vibe

Cons: Quality wasn't the best

Craving pan asian - Edit

I have said in previous reviews i would kill for a vegan asian restaurant in scotland and this is the closest so far. When i say asian i mean more easter than southern, and this fits the bill with a blend of japans, chinese and korean flavours.
A cool bar in the forever getting trendier great western road, the new west end for glasgow. i may even have been served by a member of remember remember! a nice vibe with a selection of craft beers, a menu changing daily of hand a dozen dishes or so. I was by myself and was made to feel really welcome, a quiet delight of melodies playing in the background. I plucked for the spicy aubergine with a mango side salad. the sale was fantastic, fresh with a zing which left my palate fresh and ready for the main. this also wasn't a let down, plenty of heat in the aubergine, but still enough flavour coming through to allow you enjoy the vegetable taste. I loved the wee pickles with the dish, which allowed me to freshen up the last buds. the rice was the only let down, a texture of reheat just a bit dry and tough.
back again recently and had a jackfruit curry and kimchi, once again it was mighty fine.

Another visit and another fantastic meal. My friend complained about the menu being small, I like it, do what you can do in the space you have, donor well.

Updated from previous review on 2016-02-18

Pros: great taste combinations, great staff, good value

a real find! - Edit

Delicious Asian food in a lovely setting. The menu was unique and made a nice change from pub grub. Friendly service, unpretentious vibe and they have some great bands playing here. Would recommend!

Pros: yummy, something different

Nice wee place - Edit

Came here on the off chance there might be some space for us, a member of staff was able to find us a table even though it was very busy. There was a gig about to start and many people were waiting for that. Food was very nice and reasonable priced. We'll be back again when it's quieter.

Pros: Good value, Friendly, helpful staff

Lovely! - Edit

went here for dinner on a Sunday, it was super chilled and the staff were very lovely. Most importantly however, the food was really really nice, felt fresh and simple but very tasty! Would recommend to anyone, especially as it is so hard to find thai-style asian food that you can trust is vegan!

Pros: tasty!, good value for money!, friendly, relaxed

Return to Glasgow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Hug and Pint closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.