The Hoppy Monk

210-545-3330

1010 N Loop 1604 E, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 78232

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar and restaurant aiming to preserves the local food culture by sourcing as locally as possible, including herbs and veggies from the restaurant's own garden. Makes sauces in-house. Dinner menu includes vegan options like pozole verde (with tofu carnitas) and sopes de hongo (with huitlacoche and organic masa).

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by brero

Couple of Vegan Options - Edit

Think of this as a 3 out of 4 star review.

Had the Posole Verde and it was pretty good! Nothing I would probably crave and go out of my way for, but this place has an incredible selection of beers/drinks and is a fun place to go with a group. So it’s nice to have a vegan option! (They do have a brussel sprout dish that’s more like a side. Waiter also said they could tweak their mushroom sandwich that is vegetarian, so that might be good too.)

so good! - Edit

it was my first time coming here and it was awesome! The wait was super nice and their vegan and veg options were clearly labeled. I was able to change a vegetarian option to vegan super easily and add a few veggies to it to spice it up & it was great! I got the mushroom sandwich (the one I altered) & their vegan Brussels and again everything was good! A little spicy but I'm prone to not being a huge fan of spicy things, my fiancé loved them also and didn't they were spicy at all. Can't wait to come again!

Return to San Antonio Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Hoppy Monk closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.