First Review by JenniferRMadden

Sublime vegetarian stop - Edit

Our last day at the southern end of Florida, which doesn't seem to offer many vegetarian options. After a walk through Miami Beach we were looking for lunch and found Honey Tree.

When we first walked into the store, it reminded me of the health food stores that I used to frequent until Whole Foods and Amazon put most of them out of business. We found the juices but there didn't seem to be a lot of lunch options. The man who worked there, who was incredibly nice, suggested waiting another 20 minutes for their buffet. We sat at a table and soon noticed a line forming.

The buffet options vary each day. We had a choice of about 10 different items, all of which looked really yummy, and everything I tried surpassed my expectations. Excellent food, the staff treated us like we were their out-of-town cousins (in fact, better), definitely not a fancy setting but we didn't leave a speck of food behind. On many levels, a nourishing experience.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 08, 2016

Pros: Lots of choices, Tasty as well as healthy, Super friendly service

Vegan food - Edit

I love The Honey Tree, the vegan food is amazing and always fresh, you will have to get there just before twelve midday, as the food is very popular and can run out. Michelle the lady who runs the shop is the nicest person you could ever wish to meet.
Updated from previous review on Friday August 09, 2013

Updated from previous review on Friday August 09, 2013

Updated from previous review on Thursday August 20, 2015

Pros: Vegan food, friendly staff, parking

Great Vegan Lunch - Edit

Delicious vegan lunch made fresh daily. Also a terrific natural foods and groceries market. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This place has been in the neighborhood for a long time and is a big part of the community.

Pros: Lunch, Friendly, Variety

Great Food/Great Service - Edit

My friend Jason and I have been trying to get here for months, it was DELISH and the service was phenomenal. Check my blog for a detailed review (link in my profile).

Pros: great service, great food, vegan desserts

Good, not great - Edit

The cakes (made by a vendor) have for the most part been excellent, the other baked goods and prepared foods, not so much. High prices, but that is the case in most of s. florida health food stores. Only serves lunch.

Pros: great cakes

Cons: limited hours

Food Cooked with Love - Edit

You can taste the love in this food. It is always good, each day the variety is amazing and creative. Michele and Sirhan serve the food buffet style and you can take as much or little of each item as you would like. Be prepared for a vegetarian treat!

Pros: excellent food, great atmosphere, friendly staff

don't believe them - Edit

I work near this place. I've had good prepared food there and the baked goods are good. but I've also had bad prepared food and just had some soup that was just horrible; i'm afraid something was rancid. The prices for the prepared foods and for the grocery items are way overpriced. I like the small stores but in Miami stick with Whole Foods.

Return to Miami Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Honey Tree closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2694 times since Aug 2007.