REMOVED: The Holly Tree

( 1 review )

+44-1243553110

The St, Walberton, England, BN18 0PH

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pub/restaurant that has several clearly labeled starters, mains and desserts that are or can be made vegan, including tempura, roasted vegetables in filo pastry, fried tofu & chips, falafel burger, salad, fruit crumble, chocolate mousse and coconut ice cream. Serves a vegan roast on Sunday. The kitchen uses different fryers for vegan food. Also has vegan wine. Removed Apr 2018 - new ownership and no longer vegan friendly.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, British, Non-veg

1 Review

Disappointed - Edit

We were very disappointed to find that The Holly Tree no longer has a separate vegan menu. There is only 1 vegan option on the menu, and the kitchen could not even provide that when we visited. However, the waitress - a vegan herself - was very understanding and had a talk with the chef, who made me a ratatouille with mash that was quite nice, and the halloumi in my husband's burger was subbed with a portobello mushroom. The waitress suggested sorbet for dessert. It tasted lovely, but to say it was simple is an understatement. We paid 35 pounds, excluding drinks. We will not visit The Holly Tree again.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Quite expensive, Only 1 vegan option

Has REMOVED: The Holly Tree closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.