CLOSED: The Hickory Pit

• Veg-friendly

Contact 269-857-6020

322 Culver st (at Griffin), Saugatuck, Michigan, USA, 49453

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar-b-que restaurant where there is a lot of meat stuff, but you will also find a vegetarian/vegan menu section that the owners have created to serve non-meat eaters. Items such as vegan riblets, vegan rib sandwich, BBQ potato, pulled bar-b-q sanwich, and baked beans. MAY 2015 REPORTED SHUT, WEBSITE NOT WORKING.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by smc60

Vegan BBQ! - Edit

This was way better than we expected. The menu even says something like "because you shouldn't have to just eat salad." We ate here twice when in town for vacation and the meat-eaters and vegans all enjoyed it. Check it out!

Pros: Great location, Vegan options

Awesome Food both vegan & for meat eaters - Edit

My hubby is a meat eater, while I'm a vegetarian. We got the same meal, but mine was the Vege-Q. So hubby tries mine & says it tastes exactly like his, but the texture's different. This was the best, I actually felt guilty, because it tasted sooooo good. Their Klean Slaw was wonderful & their cornbread is vegan & it was fabulous. If you haven't gone to the Hickory Pit, you need to go to try their food!!!

Pros: Has both vegetarian & meat options, Everything we tried was fabulous, Owner took the time to explain the menu

Cons: none

Return to Saugatuck Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Hickory Pit closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1013 times since Jul 2012.