The Heritage Natural Market Cafe

Contact 757-428-0500

984 Laskin Rd (at Birdneck Rd), Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA, 23451

Serves meat, vegan options available. Veggie friendly cafe and organic juice bar inside the health food market. Features vegetarian specials on Tuesday, and vegan specials on Thursday. Several small tables for eating in. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-7:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-8:00pm, Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by lorenleonard

Loooooooove! ♥ - Edit

I love this place. Actually, I kind of live there. They have a wide selection and are almost always willing to help... Almost. One of the people who work behind the service desk has a little bit of an attitude. I don't have time for that. Annnnywaaaay, psychic readings, too!? Why not?!

Pros: wide selection, excellent fresh food, good value

Cons: that one staff member with a stick up bu, don't ask her for help, ever

Great Vegan Food, Fast - Edit

I have have eaten here many time while shopping in the store. I often get 'Build your own' Black Bean Burger w/vegan aioli. I have always enjoyed the food.

I also buy there "Grab 'N Go" items. I love their vegan noodle salad and sesame pasta thing.

Pros: Fast and Easy, Value

Juice Bar and Cafe - Edit

Nice menu items for vegans, vegetarians or carnivores. Juice bar and smoothies are delicious and super fresh. Super friendly and happy staff.

Pros: freshness, market, staff

Cons: priciest in the area, price, price

Best Black Bean Burger I Ever Had - Edit

The Heritage Natural Market Cafe has plenty of vegan choices, but I've only tried the build-your-own veggie burger because it's so good I can't not order it. They let you pick as many toppings as you want, and I have them pile on lettuce, tomato, spinach, avocado, and sauteed mushrooms (plus mustard and ketchup). The burger and bun are delicious, and the whole thing is a masterpiece. The vegan creamy pasta salad is a divine accompaniment. Everything tastes fresh and healthy and delicious.

Pros: Fresh food, Terrific flavor, Friendly staff

Fantastic Options - Edit

Heritage Market and the Cafe in the back is a fantastic find for vegetarians and vegans staying or living in Virginia Beach. The market has a good selection and the cafe in the back served a decent variety of vegan options. Very welcoming for vegans on vacation. They have an especially good vegan macaroni salad. I had several interactions with different employees and they were all overwhelmingly friendly and helpful.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly, Delicious

Return to Virginia Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Heritage Natural Market Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.