The Herb Centre Cafe

03-3653011

223 Kilmore St (at Barbadoes), Christchurch, New Zealand

Serves meat, vegan options available. Reported this vegetarian cafe added a couple meat items in 2015. Find muffin of the day, smoothies, veggie burger. Also has a clinic and health shop on premises. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:30pm, Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Western, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by JenVeg14

Great cafe! - Edit

Went there for breakfast with mum one morning and introduced her to the delightful menu~ she was pleasantly surprised and agreed it was absolutely delicious! vegetarian tart with a side of salad (came fully loaded plate and stuffed full of veggies at every layer in the tart), savoury veggie muffin (more veg than batter- mum was very pleased with it). Ordered us nice coffees and a fab raw dessert tart for myself :)

The barista was on her own at the time and service was great (had a slight confusion with the veg tart due to the tag being misplaced but she quickly got us the right one straight away). Plus humming to herself as she worked (nice to see someone enjoying their job!) and mum noted her as a happy cheery girl~ There's also a garden out the back growing their own vegs & herbs with some tables too.

All in all the cafe is a lovely little spot with a casual & pleasant environment, great food & service and we will definitely be going back~!

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, good value

Cons: small cafe space indoor- not good for 10+ groups

veg place - Edit

I was visiting NZ from the US, and while it was great to find a Veg place in Christchurch, the service was terrible and the food wasn't great. The delicious looking muffin I got was completely raw inside. I ate it because it was vegan (so I wasn't worried about raw eggs.) I would normally request something else, but the woman at the cash register was so unfriendly when I ordered I was scared to bring the muffin back to order something else. The smoothie I ordered was fine, but it's hard to mess up a smoothie. The menu looked good for lunch, but I was there for breakfast.

Return to Christchurch Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Herb Centre Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.