The Healthy Bug

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 902-454-2225

3514 Joseph Howe Dr (at Scott St), Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3L 4H6

A wide selection of vitamins, supplements, sports nutrition, and gluten-free products with a 90-day money back guarantee. High speed internet station and a resource centre to assist with health concerns.

First Review by trematode

Nice selection - Edit

Great selection of supplements, cruelty free beauty products and other food essentials. Lots of vegan options including my favourite Dandies marshmallows.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 13, 2013

Great staff, wonderful service, expert advice. They offer lots of vegan options and it is only going to grow. They offer lots of products you can't find anywhere else in HRM at awesome prices. Lots of great vegan specialty items such as Dandies marshmallows, Coconut Bliss, Sol Cuisine meatless chick'n, local business Rawkin' Cakes and Creations, cruelty-free brands, supplements and much more.

Pros: Friendly , Great selection , Lots of vegan options

Contributions +73

Disappointed - Edit

This store is a great store for people needing supplements, vitamins, protein powders and things like that, but there isn't much of an option for regular vegan food items. The store is set up nice, with lots of space to look around. They have great organic spices as well as Sol Cuisine brand vegan chicken, which was a definite win. But otherwise I was disappointed.

Pros: Organic spices, Sol Cuisine options

Cons: Small, Not much of a selection

Incredibly helpful! - Edit

My very first visit to The Healthy Bug was awesome. I was looking for specific supplements when I was approached by the owner. He was incredibly friendly, polite and knew what he was talking about. Not only did he help me choose the supplements I needed, he let us try a new vegan protein powder, gave us a couple of recipes and highly suggested I try Larry and Luna's ice cream (which is the only place in Halifax that stocks it).

They are also one of the pick-up destinations for Moonfire Farm's CSA. We would go weekly to pick that up.

Pros: friendly, knowledgable staff

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Healthy Bug closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1042 times since Aug 2007.